Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox arcade date issue

Options
  • 02-12-2012 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

My wife has an xbox that she's uses every now and then, but it's stuck in 2005 and when she updates the time it forgets it again after each power down. So the date has to be set every time me she starts it up. I wonder is this a battery issue just like a pc that gets little use.? If so are the batteries difficult to source? Or is it a known soft issue, it's an xbox arcade 4GB. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That happens all xbox's. Why set the date every boot anyway????
    The only way it auto sets itself is when it is connected to xbox live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭N64

Yeah, the xbox is the only console not to have a built in battery that keeps settings such as the date and time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Thanks guys, she was using it offline and some of the fitness profiles won't work or track the fitness progress so as are linked to a date, so she had to set up the date every time she powered up. I popped an ethernet splitter on to free up a port its getting the time and date online

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

It also keeps the date if you leave it plugged in

Advertisement