Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to change sterling to Euro

Options
  • 02-12-2012 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭

hi, could anyone tell me, where at the moment gives the best rate of exchange from Sterling to Euro. Im very close to the border so its easy for me to drop over to NI, would anyone have any insight? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Volcane

Lots of online currency transfer providers, give good rates. The best option is to find someone with euro who wants/needs sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭donegal_road

Ive just been told about An Post's commission free offer on at the moment. Must check it out tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

My monthly wage is paid in sterling and I convert it using Currency Fair, far better rates than banks and a standard cost of 3 euros.

TT

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ive just been told about An Post's commission free offer on at the moment. Must check it out tomorrow

Commission free, worse rates (to make up for not charging commission).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

Lots of small shops buy stock in N.I. and need sterling. They will typically split the price of the banks buying and selling rate.

• Advertisement
Advertisement