Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Sky areial to normal aerial socket

Options
  • 02-12-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I've sky set up at one point in my house, but want to move the TV to a different corner of the room where there is an existing aerial socket. However, the 'female' connection to this is much wider than the sky connection piece. Can I get an adapter for this to take the new socket? There appears to be a splitter in the attic which should allow the sky box to be used for either of the aerial points.

At the existing point of use, the installer has a piece of cable with the sky compatable socket attached.

Can I buy these connections in any electrical store, and what are they called so I dont have to go through this long winded explanation again!! Thanks in anticipation of any help!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

It's unlikely the other aerial point will have a connection to the satellite dish.

This type of wallplate should be used for a single satellite connection, or a blank plate with the cable simply pulled through a hole & terminated with a male f-connector, which screws on to the receiver connection. (It isn't always possible to pull the cable out like this.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ksexton82

The thing in the attic has one or two inputs, to approx 6 outputs, from memory. So I think they should be linked alright, the previous owner used have tv's all over the house, connected to Sky. I was thinking that there might be an adapter for an 'old regular female fitting to a new thin male fitting'

I might have a look at your suggestion above. Thanks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

The 'thing in the attic' would have to be a multiswitch, with at least 4 inputs connected, to be any use for distributing satellite signals to 6 outputs.

I have seen flyleads with an f-connector on one end & an aerial plug on the other, or you could make one up, but it isn't the recommended way to connect a satellite receiver.

Advertisement