Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Dropping Wireless on 2 Routers

• 02-12-2012 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I know threads similar to this one have been posted before but from what I have read, my issue is slightly different.
    The problem starts when I lose my wireless connection over the router.
    I have a PC connected via Ethernet cable, which continues to work as normal, but my iphone & ipad lose their connection. This happens intermittently and it gets annoying. Here is the snag: I have two different eircom routers that are both showing the same problems.
    Regardless if I have my netopia 3347WG (dark navy) or my netopia 2247 (silver) connected, the issue is the very same: perfect connection via Ethernet but no wireless.
    Eventually, it starts to work again. But that might be after an hour, five hours etc. It's not predictable.

Any takers?

Update: on both devices, the router shows up on my device as “Eircom XXXX XXXX” , it looks for the WEP / WPA key which I enter and then it just will not connect.

Sorry for my technological ignorance on this issue.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Try logging into the router and changing the channel it broadcasts the wireless signal on,.probably a few other WiFi networks around you broadcasting on the same channel.

Advertisement