Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBOX LIVE renewal with no money?

Options
  • 02-12-2012 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

I got a Xbox last month and signed up for the free 1 month live, entered my Ulster Bank Visa Debit card, now a month has passed, went to check my email, got a email from Microsoft saying my membership has been renewed successfully, went to check my Bank account and I had no money in it?
    How did it go successfully through if there's no money going to them?

I tried removing my card from my Xbox live account but it won't leave me unless I add another CC? I dont have another CC, only a laser.

Any idea what I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

iDann wrote: »
    I got a Xbox last month and signed up for the free 1 month live, entered my Ulster Bank Visa Debit card, now a month has passed, went to check my email, got a email from Microsoft saying my membership has been renewed successfully, went to check my Bank account and I had no money in it?

I tried removing my card from my Xbox live account but it won't leave me unless I add another CC? I dont have another CC, only a laser.

You have to ring xbox support and ask them to remove your card details.

Never put any card details in any xbox ever. Just the buy the pre paid sub cards online and use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Squaredude

they'll cut you off eventually,then when you want to renew your xbox live membership you'll have to pay for the "free" time you got from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

You won't be able to sort this with the internet chat communicator thing
    And you won't sort this online

Just call them in the UK, they will remove the card for you

When you call they will want that months sub off you but just push your case a bit (in a nice way) and the person will check with a supervisor and write it off.

Worked for me and someone else in Madden forum

The UK callcentre is easy to deal with it, they'll sort this with you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Ridley

iDann wrote: »

Have you tried removing your details via xboxlive.com? Unless they've changed it since I last bought something with a card you should be able to do that and/or take off automatic renewal on your account settings.

mikemac1 wrote: »
    You won't be able to sort this with the internet chat communicator thing
    And you won't sort this online

Just call them in the UK, they will remove the card for you

When you call they will want that months sub off you but just push your case a bit (in a nice way) and the person will check with a supervisor and write it off.

Worked for me and someone else in Madden forum

The UK callcentre is easy to deal with it, they'll sort this with you

They have an Irish call center here. Very easy and quick to deal with. Can't remember the number but google it.

• Advertisement

Ridley wrote: »
    Have you tried removing your details via xboxlive.com? Unless they've changed it since I last bought something with a card you should be able to do that and/or take off automatic renewal on your account settings.

Can't be done unless you have a US account. Everyone else in the world has to ring up and request it removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can't be done unless you have a US account. Everyone else in the world has to ring up and request it removed.

Last time I called them to cancel it they told me to remove card from billing.Microsoft.com, not the Xbox site....

Op - the Irish number is (01) 242 0758

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Gweedling

It won't let you remove the card while the subscription is still active, as the subscription is stuck to the card.

When you activate the free trial, it says it's going to automatically renew, which it did as it wasn't turned off :)

Renewal date is usually different to billing date, so your subscription will renew on one day, but you might not be charged for it until a couple of days/weeks later.

If the charge from Xbox bounces, you have an outstanding balance on the Xbox account, as the subscription has renewed but not been paid for. The charge will try to process then every day or two for 27-28 days or so, if it's not processed by then the account will go into suspension.

Phone up the number Fieldog posted above, make sure you have a prepaid code handy, once support can verify the valididy of the code they can make the outstanding balance disappear, then remove your card so you can activate the code and not have auto-renew worries again :)

Advertisement