Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer aspire one dead

Options
  • 02-12-2012 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi im hoping somebody can help me,i was cleaning my netbook yesterday using an alcohol wipe,when i had finished my keybord stopped working,so i decided to to do a system restore which didnt help either ,and now this morning my computer wont even turn on,is my computer fried now any help much appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Are you getting anything when you try to boot the pc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Remove battery, unplug machine. Pres and hold power button while battery & power unplugged for few moments. Then replace the power cord (not battery) and see if it turns on

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DecTipp

yeah its powered back up now,everything seems to work bar the keyboard,im using the on screen keyboard now,ill giive it until 2moro and see will it sort itself out.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

DecTipp wrote: »
    yeah its powered back up now,everything seems to work bar the keyboard,im using the on screen keyboard now,ill giive it until 2moro and see will it sort itself out.

Was it wiped when the machine was powered on? Were the wipes very damp so some of the alcohol may have seeped into the keyboard?

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭DecTipp

hi nick yeah i wiped it while the computer was on,yeah i think i must have wiped too much,whats the best thing to do?Is the keyboard fried?

• Advertisement
Advertisement