Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 year old 1 - 0 Wall - How do I fix this?

• 02-12-2012 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭

We have a demolition expert at work. 10 year old young fella put his knee through the toilet wall accidentally.

I know nothing about how to fix this, can it be done easily, and if so, how :confused:

Advice appreciated :)

20121122_100142.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

If you can get your hands on a bit of plasterboard, cut a rectangle piece that is just wide enough and long enough to slide into hole, get a piece of twine and put twine through middle of rectangle bit of plasterboard and tie a knot on other side, put some adhesive on ends of plasterboard like silicone or something that will set quick and put rectangle bit of plasterboard into hole and pull twine.

Hold till it sets or that you feel it will stay in place. Next day fill over with some poly filler, the poly filler will sink/sag, so you will probably have to fill a couple of times till its flush with old wall. Sand down and touch up....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Thanks mad m :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭chris445

square off the hole using a stanley knife.
    cut a piece of timber about 3/4 inches longer than the hole.
    put the timber behind the plasterboard and screw at either side so the timberis behind the platerboard going right across the hole.
    get a small piece of plasterboard. cut it to size and screw it in to fill the hole.
    Scrim the joints and fill with gyproc joint filler using a large filling knife or trowel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

He must have a sore knee now . Am I right in thinking you are around connemara ? Im a plasterer in moycullen and if you want I can give you the small bit of stuff you will need to patch it up . I would have waste bits left over from other jobs , for all you will need its not worth buying .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

We have a demolition expert at work. 10 year old young fella put his knee through the toilet wall accidentally.

I know nothing about how to fix this, can it be done easily, and if so, how :confused:

Advice appreciated :)

His knee ? My money is on his boot ;) That aside, all good advice above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭livingthedream

STOP STOP I've found a great instructional video on just this subject:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5h1RSyfZoo&list=UUH0FVCcsDd00tw6m6mUj4Yg&index=6&feature=plcp

Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5h1RSyfZoo&list=UUH0FVCcsDd00tw6m6mUj4Yg&index=6&feature=plcp

Enjoy!

FFS get that video over to slydice forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Enjoy!

She is the most amazing plasterer I've ever seen....and so clean looking after doing the job, y'know :D

moy83 wrote: »
    He must have a sore knee now . Am I right in thinking you are around connemara ? Im a plasterer in moycullen and if you want I can give you the small bit of stuff you will need to patch it up . I would have waste bits left over from other jobs , for all you will need its not worth buying .

Only getting back to this now, thanks very much Moy, I'll take you up on that if your kind offer still stands :)

I was thinking it was his boot too for a while, but everyones got their story straight as an arrow lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

No way a knee did that
    Someone gave that a boot,

How do you fix the problem? a good clatter i'd say

I mean, a small amount of expanding foam and stop it expanding too far with a bit of cardboard, when its dry, pull out the cardboard and fill it neatly with filler.

Or just get a bit of cheap filler in a big tub and fill away, let it dry and then fill and smooth off.

Not worth buying a bag of stuff for that, if the fella above can give you some of his materials, that'd be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

Enjoy!

Brilliant, humanah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭moy83

Only getting back to this now, thanks very much Moy, I'll take you up on that if your kind offer still stands :)
    No bother

Advertisement