Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risco agility alarm

Options
  • 02-12-2012 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Hi replaced a few batteries in my shock detectors. First 2 were fine but the 3rd gives me a tamper error and now I'm getting ext sounder lost message.

Any advice? Do i need an engineers code for simply replacing batteries which have died in less than 2 yrs? Cheap GP brand replaced with energiser ones from ebay at about E2.50 a piece rather than 8/9euro quoted

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

With Risco you need to activate each device after the battery is replaced & the device closed up. Have you replaced the battery in the SAB as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Thanks for reply. Haven't gone near the external box/sounder (SAB?) Is it easy to remove and what batteries does it take?. Also how do I "activate" the shock detectors after battery replacement?

Thanks in advance

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Thanks for reply. Haven't gone near the external box/sounder (SAB?) Is it easy to remove and what batteries does it take?.
    Easy enough,most suppliers will have batteries for these. Check the suppliers sticky.
    Also how do I "activate" the shock detectors after battery replacement?
    If they have a contact open & close it. If its a shock sensor only give it a few taps.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Thanks for the reply. Is an engineers code required?

Advertisement