Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to mute text and email alerts but allow phone calls to ring on Samsung Galaxy Nex

Options
  • 02-12-2012 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

hi guys
    would anybody know how to mute text and email alerts on the phone, but allow phone calls to ring, on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone handset?
    I missed an important call last night as I had put the phone on mute. I cant leave the phone on normal mode during the might as I get a lot of emails and the alerts rigning all night would drive me mad!
    Any ideas?
    thanks!
    BB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Go to settings in the Email app - should be options for notifications in there. Same applies to Text Messages IIRC.

Working on a so so memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I use an app called Llama (it's on the Play store) that lets you setup profiles for different times/locations. Use it much the same as you're talking about - mute all alerts overnight and it automatically turns them back on @ 7am

Should do the job for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks Kaiser thats sounds good! I had come to the conclusion that there was no solution so I had turned off all alerts. Must check this out! thanks!

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    I use an app called Llama (it's on the Play store) that lets you setup profiles for different times/locations. Use it much the same as you're talking about - mute all alerts overnight and it automatically turns them back on @ 7am

Should do the job for you

hi Kaiser
    Im in the PlayStore at present searching for llama, and there are several apps, the first I tried is to identify phone in Chile, so thats no good to me! There are actually several apps called/starting with llama. Would you have the full name for this app by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

banjobongo wrote: »
    hi Kaiser
    Im in the PlayStore at present searching for llama, and there are several apps, the first I tried is to identify phone in Chile, so thats no good to me! There are actually several apps called/starting with llama. Would you have the full name for this app by any chance?

Try here

• Advertisement

thanks - Ive installed it and now need to work out how to use it - thanks a mill!

Advertisement