Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hitman Absolution: Like the originals?

• 02-12-2012 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭

Hey, I was going to buy this game but I was just wondering does it still have the same stealthy feel as the old ones or have the new developers ruined it as new developers generally do ?

any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Have yet to play it, but the general consensus is that apart from one very good level, alot of the magic of the older games is gone. Alot of clumbsy design decisions, mechanics that dont really work, more of an emphasis on telling you how to approach a level as opposed to total freedom etc etc.

Apparently not a bad game, but way below the likes of Blood Money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

broken video

i used to love doing that in blood money. there were some weird things you could do.

Hitman is my christmas game this year. A 48 hour period where ill play the game though as firefighty as i can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭Corvo

Brilliant game if I hadn't played any of the previous games and fell in love with them.

...But I did, so no. I'd wait until it drops in price if I were you.

Simple example for you. Remember the way you couldn't hide a, say Sniper Rifle? Obviously it is too big and it would arouse suspicion lugging this thing around. So the solution in previous games was to take apart the rifle and place it in the suitcase. This added a really cool feature to the game.

Now you can just "holster" it and it disappears. That element of the game is gone.

I know that might sound a bit like nit picking, but if you can't sort out simple things like that, I feared for the rest of the game. And I was right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

played the games before havnt played this yet
    this game is gonna be one of those fun games for me, so i wont be to down if it doesnt match up to the past games
    i expect a price drop for christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

A few good missions but more bad ones than good ones. Sums it up from me :(

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Its a good but not a great game. Some bad design decisions hurt it compared to previous games in the series.

The shooting mechanics are fine but the stealth mechanics are more like traditional stealth games where its best simply staying out of sight as opposed to the traditional hitman stealth mechanics of hiding in plane view. This is largely down to a reworking of the way disguises works. The stealth system is solid in this game, its just not as good or as fun as the stealth system in previous hitman games. Its by far the games biggest mistake.

The other big mistake is that the game plot influences the missions too much, meaning very few actually assassinations (and some of them happen in cut scenes) and it also means you don't get to choose your weapon load outs.

A good stealth game, but definitely a case of the new developers not understanding what makes the hitman games so special and unique.

A few other bullet points.
    The plot is so so. The voice acting is good but the dialogue is juvenile.
    It looks great.
    Its crash prone on PC at the moment.
    No regenerating health is nice.
    Levels are smaller and broken up with load sections. Actions in previous load sections have no bearing on the next section of the level.
    Contracts mode is fun and more like traditional hitman gameplay.

Advertisement