Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP22 - Unclear / abusive Moderation

Options
  • 02-12-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

MP22 in State Benefits gave me an infraction for making a comment on a particular topic. I asked for clarification by pm and the told me to read the general charter. Which I did. Couldnt find relevant section so pm and asked for clarification. Which I believed was ok

Seperatly I then posted another straighforward question in relation to Assessment and Illness Benefit. MP22 curtly answered this himself and closed the thread without letting other posters reply. Mp22 provided no explanation why this thread was closed.

I aknowledged this and posted the question asking that whether other posters had any experience on this issue.

This post was deleted and I recieved a pm that I had been given ban from MP22 - No reason given.

In consideration that I was attempting to find out by PM why exactly I had been infracted with regard to the first post, this Mod has refused to provide me without detail to the reason of closing/ deleting two completly unrelated posts. Why was this second post closed and why was my last post deleted and a subsequent addition of a ban without explanation. On my profile the details for this are given as

Private

Reason:
    N/A

One more time I attempted to pm MP22 and he effectively refused to communicate with me on the matter. The reply I received from MP22 sarcasticly stated
    Thanks you, have a nice day

and nothing else.....

The behaviour of this moderator is in my opinion well below that of Boards forum and is in breach of Boards own charter which asks posters to refer questions on such actions to the Mod in question. This Mod refused to state any particular issue with either of the two posts following my inital post that he closed and then banned me. He deleted the last post and has refused to provide any detail on same.

I would like this matter looked into ASAP as this mods behaviour has been disgraceful in this matter
    Specifically why my second post was closed? Why my last post was deleted? And why was I given a subsequent ban apparently based on fairly ordinary posted queries? Is it normal for Mods to refuse to engage / be rude with poster seeking an explanation in disregard of Forum guidelines?

Thanks

*edited*

Following the posting of this thread I was subsequently pm'd by the Mod - unfortunately again there was no explanation of the closure, deletion of unrelated posts and the addition of the Ban. The PM gave a trite reiteration about the first post and Board FAQ that I referred to. I stull do not know what the Subsequent Ban even relates to or why it was applied after the closure and deletion of unrelated ordinary posts in relation to a different question.

My complaint stands as is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Can a CMOD please look at this please. I posted this several days ago and have had no response regarding this.

Regards

G

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's been a delay due to the changing of cmods. There'll be a response soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Spear wrote: »
    There's been a delay due to the changing of cmods. There'll be a response soon enough.

Thanks

I thought I had been overlooked....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

After discussing with both this has been cleared up, the ban has been lifted but original infraction still stands.

Can now be marked resolved please.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement