Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thoughts on new graphics card

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

Well the 7970 is a beast, and if you can afford to, you may as well spend the extra to get it, however if it really is pushing the budget, then either card is a solid bet, I know that the 660Ti overclocked will keep up with a 7970 at stock clocks, not sure how far the 7950's go though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

http://www.club-3d.com/index.php/news/message.en/items/overclock3d-awards-the-club-3d-radeon-hd-7950-royalking-the-gold-award.html

If it's normal for that card to overclock like that then it's amazing value.

You will pay a premium for the 7970 which is the flagship model from AMD.

I wouldn't pay extra for the 3gb model of the 660ti unless you want to play at some really high resolution. And at those resolutions the 7950 is probably the better card anyway.

As for crysis 3 it's only a few months away and I doubt it will be a crazy high end game like the original which took a few years before you could buy the hardware to max the graphics. It will be more like crysis 2, a console port with some extra detail for the pc.

Advertisement