Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on just spayed bitch

• 02-12-2012 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

hi all my mams jrt was spayed on tuesday morning. The poor thing is really just not herself. She's incredibly whiney and seems really insecure..
    We bought her down for check-over yesterday as she was vomiting a bit he gave her an injection and said her wound is healing perfectly.
    Is it just a case of her feeling sorry for herself? We had another bitch done last year and she flew through it!
    She wont eat her food(but she'll eat chicken no bother)
    She is also peeing quite a lot.
    Any advise would be appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Some dogs do seem to fly through it whereas others take longer but the fact she's peeing more than normal might suggest either stress or an infection ..is she peeing small amounts and often? Either way no harm in taking her to the vets in the morning to make sure she's not picked up an infection or something.
    It's a very standard operation and the majority of dogs are fine but like with any op human or animal some might react differently. Could also be partly hormonal, but I wouldn't like to say exactly what best have the vet take another look. Hope she feels better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭handbagmad

no shes peeing normal amounts but just thinking she is also drinking a lot of water. Ill ring the vet in the morning im wondering if it may be the anti-biotics she is on too.
    She's stuck to mam like glue and cries if she cant see her its so sad hopefully she'll get back to her mental self..

Awww jaykers the poor girly, my middle girl was very subdued when she was done yeh could be the antibiotics, eventhough she is peeing make sure she has as much water as she wants.
    Funny how some of them just sail through, our collie didn't have a bother on her wasn't even sleepy when she came home.

Awww jaykers the poor girly, my middle girl was very subdued when she was done yeh could be the antibiotics, eventhough she is peeing make sure she has as much water as she wants.
    Funny how some of them just sail through, our collie didn't have a bother on her wasn't even sleepy when she came home.

it is yeah. Our other girl is a much bigger dog so I thought this little one being so small would be grand. She is a bit of a clever diva aswell so I've a little feeling she's playing us just a bit;)
    When mam is here she is comfortable and just sleeps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭maringo

Plenty of pampering while she recovers and she'll be grand once she is eating, drinking and peeing - sounds like a cute little girl. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Over the coarse of the last 17 years I have had 3 JRT's spayed- all of them were very unsettled and clingy after being done and their stomach muscles hurt for a while after so they are tender. They are also experts at playing for sympathy.
    Main thing I would watch it that they are eating and taking on liquids - and going o the toilet. You will notice she will be hesitant to stretch her lower half for maybe 2 weeks.

thanks everyone for posting herself seems a bit brighter today trying to jump up on all the furniture as per usual:(.
    Stitches out on friday cant wait for it all to be over:)

That's great, it's amazing how quick they recover, us humans would take weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 BaldyRua

We had our little Jack Russell spayed about 3 weeks ago, she is recovering well but had the peeing thing for a day or 2, kept thinking she needed to go and did have a few accidents but that seems to have stopped again and she's back to her playful mad self, only thing is her wound began to weep and look very sore, but we washed it with warm salty water and put a little sudocreme on it and the swelling has gone and it looks like a normal scar now.

Advertisement