Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dirt Bike

• 02-12-2012 7:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

First of all, I haven't a clue about motorised bikes, ive never even driven one ! [ I can see some of you shaking your heads now ; ) ]

Anyways, I like the look of dirt bikes, I think they look " cool "

As for use, it would just be recreational......and I wouldn't be using it out in a field or on a track. I'd just be using it on the road every now and then.

I'd be looking to buy a 2nd hand bike and not too spend too much

As I said I haven't a clue, so could anyone recommend a bike ?

Is a Budget of 500 Euto way too low ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Is a Budget of 500 Euto way too low ?

Yes. That might cover your compulsorily basic training for your license if you can double up with somebody.

Then your looking at gear, insurance and the bike itself. A decent road legal bike will be at least 1.5k upwards. Insurance will most likely be around a grand but it depends on a variety of factors. Gear might set you back 300-500 on the cheap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Yes. That might cover your compulsorily basic training for your license if you can double up with somebody.

Then your looking at gear, insurance and the bike itself. A decent road legal bike will be at least 1.5k upwards. Insurance will most likely be around a grand but it depends on a variety of factors. Gear might set you back 300-500 on the cheap.

Thanks for the reply
    Damn, I didn't consider all these other costs..............flippant

Advertisement