Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting a room in New York

Options
  • 02-12-2012 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have a 12 month work and travel visa and will be travelling to USA at the end of this month. I'll be staying with family members for a week or two so I'm looking for accomodation around the begining of January.

I've been searching for the past two weeks and it seems like I'm making no progress at all. I even paid a subscription to "easyroommates.com'' but still, I've got nothing (so far, anyway!)

I don't mind what area of New York the room is in, once it's close to the subway and it's safe. I'm looking to pay between 600 to 650 dollars a month.

I was wondering if anyone would have any advice on where I'm going wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Where have you been looking besides easyroommates.com? A popular place for accommodation is craigslist.org although, as with everything online, beware of scams.

Have you tried contacting any local Irish communities? A lot of major cities (and I'm sure NYC is no exception) usually have a large Irish community who have contacts or can help steer you in the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Did you try airbnb.com?

Advertisement