Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beats by Dre

Options
  • 02-12-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a good deal (if possible) on the Beats by Dre Solo HD headphones for a Christmas gift..

I was also wondering if they come in different sizes??

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

HMV have some great deals on them at the moment from memory they're about €50 off with a free doscking station worth €60

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Time wrote: »
    HMV have some great deals on them at the moment from memory they're about €50 off with a free doscking station worth €60

Any idea what price that makes them, around €150? And is that price for all colours?

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Any idea what price that makes them, around €150? And is that price for all colours?

No i think the red, white and navy were slightly cheaper than the green and black i think they were around €160 not 100% sure though. The studios worked out having more off. Having owned both i'd recommend those over the Solos if you can afford the difference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

how old is the person you're buying them for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hi,
    I'm looking for a good deal (if possible) on the Beats by Dre Solo HD headphones for a Christmas gift..

I was also wondering if they come in different sizes??

Thanks in advance :)
    Save yourself some money and don't buy what amounts to little more than an over priced fashion accessory.

Search over in the Headphones & Portable Audio Devices forum for a good set of headphones that are actually worth what you pay.

Time wrote: »

Great deal alright but checked it out today it's over, in Cork Limerick Dublin and Galway anyway based on ringing around. Thanks anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

currys €149

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭mememo

Save yourself some money and don't buy what amounts to little more than an over priced fashion accessory.

Search over in the Headphones & Portable Audio Devices forum for a good set of headphones that are actually worth what you pay.

Could not agree more if your getting them for a child or a teen where what is popular is all that really matters then go for it but . Beats are NOT something you get for anyone with experience in music the base is far to heavy and comes at the price poor vocal and mid range quality .The akg 450s are far better and now retail for around €60-40

mememo wrote: »

Could not agree more if your getting them for a child or a teen where what is popular is all that really matters then go for it but . Beats are NOT something you get for anyone with experience in music the base is far to heavy and comes at the price poor vocal and mid range quality .The akg 450s are far better and now retail for around €60-40

Just wondering if anyone knows the prices on Beats Solo HD headphones in HMV now? I'm out of the country but will buy them in the airport when flying back in if they're any cheaper so if anyone had any idea of the current price or offers in HMV or elsewhere I'd appreciate it because I was told they would have new offers on them coming up to Christmas. Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i was walking down henry street yesterday and saw nearly every market stall selling beats by dre headphones (obviously fake) but they looked exactly like the real thing complete with packaging, how are they able to do this ? i heard a market seller saying' i'll do 2 for €55'

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

peteeeed wrote: »
    i was walking down henry street yesterday and saw nearly every market stall selling beats by dre headphones (obviously fake) but they looked exactly like the real thing complete with packaging, how are they able to do this ? i heard a market seller saying' i'll do 2 for €55'

Saw this too.

They're cheap Chinese knock-offs. Friend of mine was in China 2 months ago and they were all over the place. He got his for €20. Said they work fine (obviously the quality of sound wont be the same!)

Advertisement