Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA CUP Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

From the other thread...
    Tim on team news: "Jermain, Lewis and Andros are all back in training, which is good news. I spoke to Ade after United and he said he cramped up in all areas, but thankfully it has settled down and he's ready to perform. Sandro and Younes will hopefully be back in training next week."

Erik (thigh), Kyle Naughton (ankle, hamstring), Paulinho (ankle), Gylfi (calf) and Jan (ankle) are all out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

from my enquiry on the SF Arsenal thread:

Arsenal have 9 days before their next game after this and if you think back to the League Cup tie against Bradford, where they had at least a weeks break after it, Wenger played close to a full strength side. So I can see him doing that again.

He said he was treating it like a league game so that would surely mean that Szczesny starts in goal but don't be surprised to see Fabianski there, who has performed really well in his latest performances in goal.

I'd expect a back 4 of Sagna - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Monreal, but don't be surprised to see Vermaelen replace the most tired centre back. If Sagna is tired, Jenkinson will come in.

As for midfield, Ramsey will miss out and according to Wenger, Ozil may just be short of fitness (though he could still play).
    Flamini, Arteta, Wilshere, Rosicky and Cazorla will all be in contention to start.
    Walcott, Podolski and Gnabry are all available up top and on the wings but as Gnabry hasn't featured as centre forward for Arsenal yet, I doubt he will play there.

I assume Walcott will start up front, with Podolski or Cazorla on the left wing. Gnabry may start on the right but if he doesn't, he should get playing time in the 2nd half.

Giroud looks like he won't play. His ankle is better but he was sick over-night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,744 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Lets hope Giroud does play because this is how I'll be watching Walcott take on Dawson if he plays upfront.

50353_421479275150_2611110_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Sherwood on Ade: "When Arsene Wenger, the Arsenal players and their fans saw him come off at Old Trafford, I'm sure they were pleased but unfortunately he's going to be walking out against them tomorrow. "

• Advertisement

As long as he keeps himself cool enough and doesn't get sent off!! He'll certainly be up for it anyway, which is great news for us.

Is this game on TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

SuprSi wrote: »
    Is this game on TV?

Yupp on ITV

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Is this game on TV?

It's on UTV if you have that, not sure about the irish channels though.

Cool - nice time to watching it too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

Spurs to win and Soldado to score 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

In Sherwoods pre-match interview I like what he is saying about new signings. He reckons we have enough unless we get someone who can really improve the team. Now that's what I wanna hear. I hope he means what he says and is taken serious by the powers above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    In Sherwoods pre-match interview I like what he is saying about new signings. He reckons we have enough unless we get someone who can really improve the team. Now that's what I wanna hear. I hope he means what he says and is taken serious by the powers above.

I liked the way he handled the press conference in general. There was a few tricky questions which he seemed to have preempted and prepared for...which is always good to see.

SpursOfficial: Our line-up - Lloris; Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Rose; Lennon, Bentaleb, Dembele, Eriksen; Adebayor, Soldado. ‪

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Is Capoue injured?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Is Capoue injured?

On the bench:
    Our subs - Friedel, Fredericks, Fryers, Capoue, Chadli, Kane, Obika.

Jeez, big test for Bentaleb.

That bench is thread bare!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It's a big risk playing Bentaleb instead of Capoue in a big game like this,and a bench full of youngsters aswel,not expecting anything from this game tbh.

Capoue is far better defensively. The Arsenal midfield will find a lot of time to pick out Walcott's runs against Dawson. I'm worried. Very worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Interesting to watch this kid but is this the game for. Where is holtby, SIG , lamela. I thought we had a squad????

This won't end well

oppiuy wrote: »
    Interesting to watch this kid but is this the game for. Where is holtby, SIG , lamela. I thought we had a squad????

This won't end well

all injured mate:o

None of us expected us to concede 5 or 6 under AVB but we did. Each time TS puts a team out we look like we're going to concede 5 or 6.... But we haven't yet, maybe we'll be ok??? :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

COYS! sorry late to this thread!:)

close by erikksen....really needed to be scoring there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

All Arsenal so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,503 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

vearmalan to be sent off before this match is out!

Advertisement