Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA CUP Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

That should've been a free, FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Jaysus Eriksen is useless today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Feels like Arsenal have a man extra man on the pitch today.

Their players are so much more techininally better than most of ours. Depressing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭abff

Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I know it's a pain in the a** to lose to the gooners, but maybe this will give us an opportunity to put a run together in the Premiership.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

crazy stuff at the back, we've looked very sloppy today, can't pass, can't cross, losing possession. A day to forget (again) :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

You know what really pisses me off - watch Walcott take corners. Almost every single one of them into the danger area. Why is Eriksen completely incapable of doing the same thing?

FFS handball in the box with the ref looking straight at it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,373 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

SuprSi wrote: »
    You know what really pisses me off - watch Walcott take corners. Almost every single one of them into the danger area. Why is Eriksen completely incapable of doing the same thing?
    yeah doesn't even beat the first man. He's poxy

When did Andy Townsend become such a pain in the hole?he wants to give us nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

One of those days I suppose. With all our injuries it was always going to happen although only for that midtske for Arsenlols second goal we would be still in this. Get off Walcott you twat.

• Advertisement

another ****e corner.

abff wrote: »
    Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. I know it's a pain in the a** to lose to the gooners, but maybe this will give us an opportunity to put a run together in the Premiership.
    I'd have to agree with you at this stage now.

I cant remember the last time we had a decent and consistent corner taker. Even Bale and VDV were poor. Last one was prob Sicknote Anderton.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭golfball37

I cant remember the last time we had a decent and consistent corner taker. Even Bale and VDV were poor. Last one was prob Sicknote Anderton.

The short one to Teddy was always worth a goal a season.
    Picked the wrong team today for me. Capoue had to start,we were outnumbered badly in middle.
    Danny Rose surely on his last chance now,he's had good few opportunities but he's just not up to it.

yeah but the problem with that was anderton was never consistently on the pitch so go back even further! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Why hasnt BAE been recalled.. Rose is not and never will be up to the task

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Well, second half was a bit shít. Bentaleb was always the wrong option, with a week before our next game I don't see why Capoué wasn't starting.

A lot of positives to take from it though, one is that it might persuade Levy to buy a proper LB. Rose simply isn't good enough (neither is Fryers for that matter), every team we play attack down his flank and get plenty of change.

Still optimistic about the rest of the season, then again I generally always am :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

game finally over i was expecting that scoreline considering all our injuries and another bad day at the office for our full backs and strikers..

well done arsenal deserved the win hope ya get city away in the draw next round

Thought Chadli looked OK when he came on

Not sure how much.of a difference Capoue would have made.
    Any team with players like Walcott are going to give us major problems with Dawson on the pitch. Throw in Walkers and Roses habit habits (poor concentration) and its a receipe for trouble.

As someone remarked in the SF, spurs players look like they practise hide and seek all week because they dont look like a team at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

oppiuy wrote: »
    Why hasnt BAE been recalled.. Rose is not and never will be up to the task

i dont think benny is up to the standard we require.. get shaw or baines..

BAE is barely league 1 standard drives me mental years in a spurs jersey the sleepwalking wannabe LB.. he even makes Evra look quality in comparison :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Didn't even feel like a derby, or play like one. Didn't create anything or look like doing so. So many poor performances. I can't think of any player that stood out.

Thankfully Walcott doesn't understood the offside rule. Dawson charging in bull like. Vlad needs to understand this league is quick, and fúcking fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

We'll that was pure ****€, defending was awful and we had chances and didn't take them. Soldado needs to benched and Defoe in as soon as he is fit.
    Soldados link play was good but he had 2 good chances, a €30 m striker needs to convert at least one.

Eriksen needs to cross first time , he always holds the ball to pick his pass just a little too long ,but today that was giving the arsenal defence time to crowd adebeyor.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Bit disappointing to go out of 2 cup competitions in 3 weeks, hopefully we'll give the Europa a good tilt. Important for our coefficient if we ever do make into the CL again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Eriksen looked like an extra from Lord of the Rings...Mincey
    Soldado, hmm I think I've seen enough to know that he doesn't suit this league. Unless were awarded more peno's, then I don't see him scoring anytime soon. Powder puff attempts today. Put your fúcking foot through it.

Pretty toothless all round.

Injuries are only an excuse. Only verts and paulinho would have started, maybe Sandro but seeing as TS didnt play Capoue would Sandro even have started.

The Ade fairytale return may be trailing off too.

Very blunt in the final 3rd. Everyone up there seems to play with their back to goal and the wide players come insidetoo much.
    Through balls? Havent seen one since Modric/VDV played. Im exaggerating of course but thats what it feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I don't know why but I'm not overly-disappointed about that. We played with a flow of confidence at times, we've been through a heavy fixture schedule (all teams have, but Sherwood now has some time to coach) and now we have a fewer fixtures to play so the 9 men we have out injured have a chance of recovering.

I feel more confident that the likes of Soldado and Eriksen are going to click. I've read this thread and people who are saying Eriksen is "useless" must be on the pints all day. Yes, he didn't have a great game, though he was making the right runs and had good movement. His final pass didn't come off today, but I think nobody's did.

I agree with the Bentaleb observations. Capoue was definitely the right choice - I'd like if Sherwood came out and said that Capoue was injured or something, because not picking him after a decent performance at Old Trafford is nuts.

A week long break now, then a week after that. Hopefully Sherwood can work on things such as the tightness in midfield.

Anyway, the players look confident in their play plus they all seem willing to work hard.

Onwards and upwards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

I don't know why but I'm not overly-disappointed about that. We played with a flow of confidence at times, we've been through a heavy fixture schedule (all teams have, but Sherwood now has some time to coach) and now we have a fewer fixtures to play so the 9 men we have out injured have a chance of recovering.

I feel more confident that the likes of Soldado and Eriksen are going to click. I've read this thread and people who are saying Eriksen is "useless" must be on the pints all day. Yes, he didn't have a great game, though he was making the right runs and had good movement. His final pass didn't come off today, but I think nobody's did.

I agree with the Bentaleb observations. Capoue was definitely the right choice - I'd like if Sherwood came out and said that Capoue was injured or something, because not picking him after a decent performance at Old Trafford is nuts.

A week long break now, then a week after that. Hopefully Sherwood can work on things such as the tightness in midfield.

Anyway, the players look confident in their play plus they all seem willing to work hard.

Onwards and upwards!

Erikson has time on his side and will have time to come good, not so sure about Soldado. I was saying same, "he will click soon etc.". Don't think he will get a lot more time. I'd say Levy/Baldini/Sherwood already eyeing up our next striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

regarding eriksen, people seem to forget that he is being played out of position. he is not a winger and its clearly evident with his tendency to dirft in field a lot of the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Bugger to that anyway, poor display all round. We have fallen way behind them again this season which is very disappointing.

Advertisement