Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA CUP Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Bugger to that anyway, poor display all round. We have fallen way behind them again this season which is very disappointing.

Gap is defo widening between them and us. Massively disappointing considering the oppurtunity to close the gap that was there pre-season.

Feel this season is a dead rubber ... Going to be very fustrating as TS earns his stripes. At least we can put all our efforts into the league now.. Except he might take the EL more seriously than originally planned now we are of both domestics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

tippspur wrote: »
    One game too many for us with all our injuries I'm afraid,be worse if it was the League,hope we don't concede anymore goals that's all.

Worse if it was the league? You don;t really think we'll map the top 4 do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

reckon Capoue rested coming back from injury only and league is our main priority i.e 3 pts against Palace next Saturday.only for Roses moment of lunacy we could have drawn the game and brought them back to to WHL.
    Need Sandro,Verts,Kaboul back,sign Lescott on loan,we will make a challenge for 4th no higher

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

nipps wrote: »
    regarding eriksen, people seem to forget that he is being played out of position. he is not a winger and its clearly evident with his tendency to dirft in field a lot of the time.

Which also partly the reason why our left side is so exposed, although the main reason is clearly our lack of a proper LB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

yiddo59 wrote: »
    And why not? it's all we have to play for now along with the EL,when players come back from injury the team will be stronger and we can give it our all for the remaining games.You can't just give up cos our injury riddled team got knocked out of the FA cup by Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

It was a balls out attacking team to pick. Bentaleb may be a good player but Capoue has just come off the back of a solid performance, shutting out United at OT. And then not to bring him on at half time when we were clearly being overrun through the middle. Suicidal stuff from Sherwood. I'm all for going out and attacking a team but not using a tough tackling defensive midfielder at the Emirates is bizarre. We made it easy for them today. No contest.

Demeble's performance was probably the only positive today. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

well that was embarrassing. Tim Sherwood kind of shows his ineptness when it comes to tactics. We've been playing with a loaded midfield for the majority of the season and when it comes to taking on the team top of the league he chooses to play 4-4-2. We were dominated in the middle as they had the extra man. I despise Ade but I would still have stuck with him up top on his own after his recent form prior to kick off, but how he wasnt taken off today instead of soldado is another a mystery, he was back to his usual form of not giving a shoite... We are in for a predictable 6-8 place finish if we are lucky this season, which is a shame really but fingers crossed we get a half decent manager in after the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was surprised when I saw the stats for the game.

we had 54% possession they had 46%
    we had 13 shots they had 14.
    we had 3 on target they had 5
    we had 8 corners they had 6

Looking at the game I thought they were way ahead of us on all counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

really?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

I felt at the time that only for the second sloppy Arsenal goal there was not alot in it. Alright Arsenal looked the better team but only just and we were attacking a good bit as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

yiddo59 wrote: »
    70% of me says we don't, but we ain't far off them, and we've been so bad. If we got our shi* together, we'd have a chance, but our new manager doesn't inspire me unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

THFC wrote: »
    Which also partly the reason why our left side is so exposed, although the main reason is clearly our lack of a proper LB.

I agree re our Left back being exposed but for me Rose is a very good left back, strong in the tackle, fast, gets stuck in, great going forward. Are there better out there, of course there are but they won't come to us. Stick with this guy and we have a potential England International on our hands for shag all money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Totally agree with the above statement, I think he's a cracking player. I'm sure he'll prove it given time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Totally agree with the above statement, I think he's a cracking player. I'm sure he'll prove it given time.

Good player, but he needs to play the ball quicker, he seems to take an extra moment when he recieves the ball which cost us

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Rose is a shocking defender, don't know how anyone can argue that. His positional sense coupled with his decision making make him a disaster waiting to happen. It's no coincidence that all our opponents attack down his flank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Fans abuse him when he is down with a cruciate injury and he makes a harmless good humoured response rather than an aggressive one and ye get on yer high horses??

Typically classy small time mentality from a small time club eh??

What goes around comes around

287619.jpg

Isn't it ironic that the 2-0 turned out to mean 20 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

The NLD in WHL is going to be fun after all this Walcott nonsense.

Fans abuse him when he is down with a cruciate injury and he makes a harmless good humoured response rather than an aggressive one and ye get on yer high horses??

Typically classy small time mentality from a small time club eh??

Johnny be good

lads, be good now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Football fans of any team are not perfect because people aren't perfect.

The next NLD will be a fantastic affair. Looking forward to it more than ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Football fans of any team are not perfect because people aren't perfect.

The next NLD will be a fantastic affair. Looking forward to it more than ever.

Should be some atmosphere after all this Walcott stuff. I will be there on St. Patrick's weekend, cant wait myself.

Should be some atmosphere after all this Walcott stuff. I will be there on St. Patrick's weekend, cant wait myself.

The passion will be intense. Personally, I've never got the commotion for these games. Probably because I'm just a passionate "Arm-chair" fan from Ireland but in recent years, now that Spurs have been on par with Arsenal excluding this season's results; it has been fantastic.

A fiesty match in March is what everybody wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

cathalio11 wrote: »
    The passion will be intense. Personally, I've never got the commotion for these games. Probably because I'm just a passionate "Arm-chair" fan from Ireland but in recent years, now that Spurs have been on par with Arsenal excluding this season's results; it has been fantastic.

A fiesty match in March is what everybody wants.

I have been going to these at the Lane for the last 9 or so seasons and they never fail to deliver on atmosphere and passion. The last few being very good for us of course at the Lane :)

I have been going to these at the Lane for the last 9 or so seasons and they never fail to deliver on atmosphere and passion. The last few being very good for us of course at the Lane :)

Haha, cheeky reminder. It's amazing because I feel that if Spurs didn't win that game, they may have actually finished ahead of Arsenal. Sounds ludicrous but the butterfly effect works in strange ways and that loss may have been the spark for Arsenal.

I'm a bit off topic here in the FA Cup thread but sure it was a fun game the other day and Spurs were clearly savaged with injuries so if I were a Spurs fan, I'd wouldn't be at all concerned. The individual talent at the club is brilliant; it just remains to be seen what is done with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

I can't wait until we're two nil up at the Lane and the whole crowd sing "Theo, what's the score..... Theo, Theo what's the score?"

COYS!

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭GS11

Good player, but he needs to play the ball quicker, he seems to take an extra moment when he recieves the ball which cost us

He needs players to show for the ball, both he and Vlad try and use it, but quite often no one is there, we need better movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I can't wait until we're two nil up at the Lane and the whole crowd sing "Theo, what's the score..... Theo, Theo what's the score?"

COYS!

I don't get it, when did Theo play for Spurs? Adebayor was a villain to Arsenal fans long before he joined Spurs, if he was playing for Sunderland (about his level, arguably) he would get the same stick at the Emirates.

This current idea by >some< Spurs fans that it's okay to rage at Theo and go full-Stoke celebrating a player getting a terrible injury baffles me. If a bunch of apes were throwing coins at me when I was lying on the ground with a ruptured cruciate my reaction would be a lot more animated than a smile and a "V" sign. Out of interest, how should someone react to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I don't get it, when did Theo play for Spurs? Adebayor was a villain to Arsenal fans long before he joined Spurs, if he was playing for Sunderland (about his level, arguably) he would get the same stick at the Emirates.

This current idea by >some< Spurs fans that it's okay to rage at Theo and go full-Stoke celebrating a player getting a terrible injury baffles me. If a bunch of apes were throwing coins at me when I was lying on the ground with a ruptured cruciate my reaction would be a lot more animated than a smile and a "V" sign. Out of interest, how should someone react to that?

Are you stupid? When does "I can't wait until we're two nil up at the Lane and the whole crowd sing "Theo, what's the score..... Theo, Theo what's the score?" become fan rage and celebrating a terrible injury? Walcott was stating that it was 2-0 and all we're saying is we'll do the same to him when we beat the Gooners at WHL.

You're making the wrong argument with the wrong person in the wrong forum. Nobody on here condones coin throwing at any person even if it is at a gooner. READ BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Are you stupid? When does "I can't wait until we're two nil up at the Lane and the whole crowd sing "Theo, what's the score..... Theo, Theo what's the score?" become fan rage and celebrating a terrible injury? Walcott was stating that it was 2-0 and all we're saying is we'll do the same to him when we beat the Gooners at WHL.

You're making the wrong argument with the wrong person in the wrong forum. Nobody on here condones coin throwing at any person even if it is at a gooner. READ BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

The post, and you, are carrying on this notion that it's alright to harbour this ill-will towards Walcott. He's not a dirty player, he's not a cheat, and I can't recall him ever provoking away fans. Even your former hero Bale ticks 2 of those boxes. He pointed out it was 2 nil alright, after the travelling Spurs fans had decided it was alright to rain him with coins and bottles. Pretty tame response in fairness.

The only Spurs player Arsenal fans paid any attention to was Adebayor. They sang the exact chant the original post referenced, and as I pointed out they would sing that at him whether he was playing for Spurs or Sunderland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

2ndcoming wrote: »

There's no rage there at all... and I am apathetic about his injury.

My issue was with his "2-0" sign to the Spurs fans. As humorous as he thought it was (obviously playing up to the Arsenal fans), as soon as he did it I thought about the return leg at The Lane and us being 2-0 up. Basically, I knew as soon as he did it it could come back to bite him.

Once again, let me state, my opinion was formed long before his injury was confirmed.

Though, also let me state, once I saw some Gooners on this thread I put it up here to wind ya's up! :D:D

Advertisement