Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody Played/coached football here?!

Options
  • 02-12-2012 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, As a player in the IAFL here and after getting destroyed this season ;p in madden, I'm just curious do any of the guys in our league play or coach football here? I know some of it is knowing the game inside out, but some really knowledgable guys on here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

nope never played it or coached it. Always wished i could play it but after a long rugby season my body needs a break so cant commit to a season of IAFL sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Started with the Galway warriors last season. Still learning the game tbut looking forward to our fist proper outings in the new year after been granted formative status last weekend. Ps anyone in Galway interested in learning the game send me a pm. All shapes sizes and levels of fitness welcomed;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I play flag in college, so that helps grasp some basic concepts i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Good stuff lads, yeah heard about Galway also anyone interested in coaching most clubs are always looking for people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

Used to play back in the day, then I tore cartilage in my knee.
    Got fixed up. :) , recovered :) , then buggered it up again. :(
    Hairline fracture to the kneecap and burst fluid sacks left, right and centre.
    Nowadays I stand on the sideline with a clipboard and play sheet. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Flag, It's okay....would love a bit of contact tbh.

I'm not very good as a WR because I'm kinda short and a lot of the time it gets thrown up too high for me. Always want to run it as I'm quite speedy and nimble. Fancy myself a darren sproles type :cool: :rolleyes:

but don't seem to run it much in flag. :(

love playing D though :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

HowAreWe wrote: »
    Flag, It's okay....would love a bit of contact tbh.

I'm not very good as a WR because I'm kinda short and a lot of the time it gets thrown up too high for me. Always want to run it as I'm quite speedy and nimble. Fancy myself a darren sproles type :cool: :rolleyes:

but don't seem to run it much in flag. :(

love playing D though :pac:.

Who do you play flag with? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

gufc21 wrote: »
    Started with the Galway warriors last season. Still learning the game tbut looking forward to our fist proper outings in the new year after been granted formative status last weekend. Ps anyone in Galway interested in learning the game send me a pm. All shapes sizes and levels of fitness welcomed;-)

Good stuff dude, am based in Galway and would have loved to play but injuries ruined my not-so-promising rugby career so don't think could the leg hold up to American football.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Good stuff dude, am based in Galway and would have loved to play but injuries ruined my not-so-promising rugby career so don't think could the leg hold up to American football.

duno rob tbh, the stresses are fairly different to rugby though, depending on the position. call down training sure give it a go can see how you hold up. its only semi contact at the moment so there would be no career ending tackles anyway:P

Advertisement