Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baking with a Stanley range?

Options
  • 02-12-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I would like to try my hand at baking simple breadsand scones in a 25 yr old solid fuel Stanley range. Currently we roast meat init, sometimes it gets as warm as a furnace – hits 5+600 degrees. There is asecond damper on the range which I believe is for controlling oven temp,however there isn’t any instructions regarding same in user manual.
    My question is do any of yea bake successfully in arange oven? And if so, how do you control temperature?
    Merci

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I honestly have no idea how you control heat, i know some of them have temp. gauges on the front of the doors but if you don't know how to control that temp it's pretty much useless to you.

But I will give you hope. My next door neighbour growing up baked the most delicious cakes, breads and pastries in their stanley range almost every day while I was a kid. Going next door was always a treat :D

So it's totally do able.

Maybe it's worth googling/checking youtube for videos explaining it?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Bernice101

Thanks for ur response Seaneh, yes it is a good idea to google it. there is a temperature gauge on oven door, ide imagine opening door to reduce temp could interfere with baking process. I baked scones in it once, they didnt rise and came out so hard you could use them to play camogie!

Advertisement