Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimson Map Pack - Dec 10th

Options
  • 02-12-2012 9:35pm
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

THe first map pack is out on the 10th of december. Just in time too as the ones in the game are starting to get a bit boring! There's only 3 maps and a new game type, so its not a lot really but hopefully it will freshen things up a bit.

Found this description of the maps and game type:
    Maps:

Wreckage: Wreckage is the manifestation of the chaos of war. A medium-sized, asymmetrical map great for accommodating a wide range of objective-based game modes including King of the Hill and Capture the Flag, it is a ravaged environment of crashed debris, where the surrounding destruction creates complex paths perfect for throwing off your opponents, or testing the limits of your Warthog. This devastated landscape provides plenty of cover, and tons of nooks and crannies are at your disposal while fighting for your turn to become King. Wreckage supports up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 players in a variety of other modes, including Capture the Flag, King of the Hill and Oddball.

Harvest: Harvest is a canon concept brought to life – the doomed agricultural planet where humans first made contact with the Covenant. A small to mid-size map, Harvest is ideal for Capture the Flag. Here, you’ll need to get creative to effectively use light vehicles which are limited to the exterior pathways and can’t get into the bases, making this map perfect for infantry firefights and face-to-face skirmishes. Snipers will also feel right at home; long sightlines are broken up by great cover and hiding spots. Harvest allows up to 12 players to face off in Capture the Flag, Infinity Slayer, King of the Hill, SWAT and Slayer Pro.

Shatter:
    Shatter is themed around natural crystalline surfaces and the huge UNSC factories mining them. This large, symmetrical map is a playground for the Warthog and Mantis – its open pathways make it easy to get around, whether on foot or in vehicles. Shatter is a great fit for Dominion and the new game type Extraction. For some close-quarters face-time, escape the open landscape and duck into a mining facility, or slip through a doorway and hunt unsuspecting Spartans. This map has variety for different types of players. Shatter enables multiplayer mayhem for up to 16 players in Infinity Slayer and up to 12 players in other modes, such as Capture the Flag, King of the Hill, Dominion and Extraction.

Game Mode:

Extraction: Extraction is a 5 vs. 5 objective-based game type where opposing Spartan teams are tasked with extracting assets from various sites around the map. Once a team has found a site and is in position, they must plant their beacon and protect it from the opposing team while the extraction process occurs. If the defending team remains in control of the beacon, they receive one point, however if the opposing team overtakes the site before extraction is complete, the point goes to them. Once a site has been extracted, a new site becomes available. The first team to extract five points wins.

The game mode sound like it could be fun, though you'd be screwed if you end up in a party who aren't team players. Got the descriptions here, there's some pics too: http://www.examiner.com/article/halo-4-crimson-map-pack-details-and-screenshots-released

I'll probably download it I suppose, think it's 800 points.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'll grab it just so I can mix it up with the maps. Played extraction in custom games not sure what my opinion is on it yet.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'll grab it just so I can mix it up with the maps. Played extraction in custom games not sure what my opinion is on it yet.

Sounds pretty much like headquaters/hardpoint/dropzone in COD to me.

I'll probably get the pack too. 3 maps aint a lot really but its getting fairly repetititive with the existing ones at the moment.

Is there a season pass type thing you can get for halo DLC?

I see they added a team regicide there the other day, seems fun enough.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sounds pretty much like headquaters/hardpoint/dropzone in COD to me.

I'll probably get the pack too. 3 maps aint a lot really but its getting fairly repetititive with the existing ones at the moment.

Is there a season pass type thing you can get for halo DLC?

I see they added a team regicide there the other day, seems fun enough.

There is a season pass but I think it only gives you discount prices.

Also if you got special edition they're free. I am going to have to shell out though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,229 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There is a season pass but I think it only gives you discount prices.

Also if you got special edition they're free. I am going to have to shell out though.

Didn't know that about the special edition, might have shelled out if I had.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Didn't know that about the special edition, might have shelled out if I had.

That is what I heard anyway. The guy that told me is usually correct with his information.

Well you would be spending the money anyway. Pay extra for a special edition - get free maps. Buy normal edition cheaper - pay for maps.

At the end of the day it's all the one. Unless there is a huge gap between the prices.

I like the sound of Shatter although that is probably because I prefer CQC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

That is what I heard anyway. The guy that told me is usually correct with his information.

Well you would be spending the money anyway. Pay extra for a special edition - get free maps. Buy normal edition cheaper - pay for maps.

At the end of the day it's all the one. Unless there is a huge gap between the prices.

I like the sound of Shatter although that is probably because I prefer CQC

The limited edtion was €90 in Gamestop. The game was €45 in HMV. + €20 for 2100 MS points = 65 for the game and all DLC + 100 MS points.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

I remember when Reach came out they had maps from forge aswell as the purpose built maps. Some of the best maps in fact ( the cage, pinnacle). I'm not too sure whether they came at release or shortly after and correct me if I'm wrong but I think those were made by some of the developers using just forge. I wonder will we see any of this in 4 along with the dlc?

Some of the best maps in fact ( the cage, pinnacle).

THE two worst maps on Reach by a county mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Stormhawk88

THE two worst maps on Reach by a county mile.

After a while yes but they gave a bit of variety to to the standard maps and they were forge created. Just saying it would be interesting if we could get some either community created maps or other.

After a while yes

From the first minute of the first game. They were both so bad they had to be changed; Cage was changed to Uncaged and Ascension's spawns were changed. They were both just as bad as launch.
    but they gave a bit of variety to to the standard maps

No, they just added a whole mess of grey.
    Just saying it would be interesting if we could get some either community created maps or other.

It'll take more than map variety to fix H4.

• Advertisement

Anyone able to download this yet? Can't find it on marketplace.....

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i downloaded the map pass earlier but its not letting me access the new maps yet :mad:

i downloaded the map pass earlier but its not letting me access the new maps yet :mad:

Yep i got the map pass last night. Was looking on reddit and apparently it's not just us, anyone with the map pass hasn't been able to download it yet, just those without. Bit of a piss take.

Someone said it was meant to be available between 12 and 2 GMT today, went on 15 minutes ago and still no sign.

still no joy here yet,i hope were not after bn swindled out of 2000 points :)

Yep nothng here either. Lots of people who bought the Limited Edition will be pretty peeved I reckon.

Seems to be working now!!

yaye finaly:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

so now that the maps are working properly, are they worth the download?

yea worth the 800 points i tink,wreckage is good and so is the one with the mantis,only really played them when they come up for selection in btb

Yeah they're decent enough. Fairly cluttered maps but big. The best thing is the DLC playlist where its just the new maps. THe playlist ain't great because of the maps its great because its a moshpit of all the different gametypes which is something the game has been sorely missing imo!

• Advertisement
Advertisement