Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Few Questions on Phys/Chem for Leaving Cert!

• 02-12-2012 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Since I'm only doing 6 subjects, I said I'd take up one more before Christmas ends. I'm looking at Phys/Chem, I don't do Physics or Chemistry (did do Science in Junior Cert though). I do Biology, Art and History. Few of my questions are:

People who have done it, is it difficult?

Is there any revision books, revisewise, etc?

And is it okay to study from now on?

Wouldn't really be looking for an A1 or anything in it, just something to boost points instead of my OL subjects.

Thanks, any help is appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ampmm

Sorry don't do it myself so can't help.. Just wondering does anyone know if you can count physics/chemistry combined for points if you do physics and chemistry... I know it's not ok for matriculation but is it the same for points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

You can't sit physics and phys/chem, they clash and I doubt an allowance would be made for it. If anything, you'd have to count phys/chem and neither physics nor chemistry.

OP, I've heard it's very manageable from the people in my year who were in that class, but I didn't do it. A friend did it in a year and I think she got a B2. No harm trying it but I've heard economics and ag science are also handy. :)

Advertisement