Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in Limerick

• 02-12-2012 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

As the title says I'm looking for suggestions for some sort of social outlet.

I'm a recently single, mother of one in my late twenties. I have a great group of friends but unfortunately as they are all loved up I often find I'm at a loss for things to do. I work full-time, go to college two evenings a week and go to a couple of exercise classes a week but I just don't seem to meet people at those things.

I've had a look at the meetup website and that but there doesn't really seem to be anything much in Limerick and then some other websites all seem to have a sort of dating angle which isn't really what I want.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Making new friends is almost impossible, i find. You're friends you grew up with tend to be the ones who stick around and help you out, and head out with you to clubs and pubs. I think limerick city is too small a city anyways not much happening. I think there be lot more to do in Dublin city.

I've been single for a while, but i have good mates around me. But its boring been single, that much i know.

Maybe somebody else will have better ideas and suggestions were you can meet new people in Limerick and gain some new friends?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Muggins101

Hi Ruby, just wondering which gym ? please say your not one of those potential tv adverts at my recent join-up....

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RubyWoo83

Muggins101 wrote: »
    Hi Ruby, just wondering which gym ? please say your not one of those potential tv adverts at my recent join-up....[/Quote

Ha no I don't think I'd have tv advert potential. I actually just go to classes at Prozone in Thomond Park, I wouldn't really be into the gym thing a whole lot

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Muggins101

Oh good..not just me so. Joined Castletroy for a while, fab gym but Christ.. In 4th yr college and working part/full time. Pilates feels like my penance these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Could be time for a boards beers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 wkdlegacy

Ah the limerick meet up group isnt so bad there is nearly always something on every week. There is also limerick loopers u will find them on fb and its a running group who meet on a Monday evening and go for a handy jog starting at the treaty stone. That may also be an option for ya.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Any excuse eh

Muggins101 wrote: »
    Oh good..not just me so. Joined Castletroy for a while, fab gym but Christ.. In 4th yr college and working part/full time. Pilates feels like my penance these days

No definitely not just you! There is a great class in the arena if you like pilates, tues & thurs at 1. I used to work in UL and always went to it on my lunch break.

Interesting... I'm always up for pints :D

ill be your friend op :)

ill be your friend op :)

Thanks... you're very good :)

God I must sound like a a right sad eejit to people :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

RubyWoo83 wrote: »
    Thanks... you're very good :)

God I must sound like a a right sad eejit to people :rolleyes:

Not a bit Ruby, I am kinda in the same situation, a single parent to a boy of six and just split from my boyfriend of two and half years, feeling a little lost at the moment!!

If you ever in town during the week drop into me for a coffee and say hello. I am there (arabica) all week, - always nice to meet a fellow boardsie.

A limerick beers sounds good too though - tis the season to be jolly and all that jazz.

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Not a bit Ruby, I am kinda in the same situation, a single parent to a boy of six and just split from my boyfriend of two and half years, feeling a little lost at the moment!!

If you ever in town during the week drop into me for a coffee and say hello. I am there (arabica) all week, - always nice to meet a fellow boardsie.

A limerick beers sounds good too though - tis the season to be jolly and all that jazz.

Seriously? I get my morning coffee there... I bet you know my order :rolleyes:... Large skinny capuccino

Best Coffee in Limk by the way!

Seriously? I get my morning coffee there... I bet you know my order :rolleyes:... Large skinny capuccino

what time? and I bet I will know you

what time? and I bet I will know you

Usually about 10 to 9 but i often come in even if I'm running late... my day doesn't go well if I don't get my fix:p

Usually about 10 to 9 but i often come in even if I'm running late... my day doesn't go well if I don't get my fix:p

My day starts these days at around 9.15, after I drop my son and heir to school, any afternoon you are around pop in

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭TheEntertainer

My day starts these days at around 9.15, after I drop my son and heir to school, any afternoon you are around pop in

Always up to meet new people myself Ruby. Find it so hard in thus city :/ and yes Arabica niceee coffee. Always need a good fix but tend to vary where I pick it up. Tends to be amber a lot of mornings lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

It'll be a boards coffee at this rate :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

It'll be a boards coffee at this rate :)

I see nothing wrong with that.....

Large Capuchino...extra shot...

I think boards coffee is a great idea :D We have a venue so we just need to come up with a time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 371 ✭✭Catxscotch

Can I get in on this? Not from Limerick, know nobody...Im mid-twenties, no kids and don't drink coffee, but Ill have a cup of tea!! Where is Arabica?

Catxscotch wrote: »
    Can I get in on this? Not from Limerick, know nobody...Im mid-twenties, no kids and don't drink coffee, but Ill have a cup of tea!! Where is Arabica?

im kinda the same always been a loner all my life ... but i want to change this

whos up for coffee ? aload of us should meet bit awkward at first but when the coffee & desert is flowing there crac to be had :D

Catxscotch wrote: »

Shannon Street, course you can get in on it, the more the merrier!

Wonder when would be a good time for something like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

im kinda the same always been a loner all my life ... but i want to change this

whos up for coffee ? aload of us should meet bit awkward at first but when the coffee & desert is flowing there crac to be had :D

It's only akward when you have to introduce your boards.ie name. It never sounds like it did when you came up with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

When we started the football 5 a side, we had 11 instead of 10 the first night. So we had to go through the usernames one by one until the 11th person realised they were in the wrong pitch with the wrong players.

so when is this coffee morning where and when time ??? i want in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ill be there in my car to shout "NERDS" from the window!! LOL

ok so hows friday for everyone say 10AM is everyone game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Agree with Ecelectic, Limerick Beers is well over due, been a year already since our last proper get together :o

• Advertisement

The Snipe wrote: »
    Agree with Ecelectic, Limerick Beers is well over due, been a year already since our last proper get together :o

I'd be up for beers or coffee anyways! Has there been many that turned up to them before?

Advertisement