Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone unban me from the boxing forum?

Options
  • 02-12-2012 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭

As the title says...?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Are you disputing the ban itself or not?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP your ban was issued in August. Have you disussed it with the Mod who banned you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Yup August, was banned unfairly in my opinion for simply asking a question. Complete overreaction. Have spoken with the mod in question who has been unreasonable to say the least.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

When did you speak to the Mod - then or now? If then, can you please contact the mod again to discuss whether it's possible to have the ban lifted.

Beasty wrote: »
    When did you speak to the Mod - then or now? If then, can you please contact the mod again to discuss whether it's possible to have the ban lifted.
    Spoke to him on a number of occasions after the ban. He is not prepared to listen, was unreasonable and quite arrogant also. I'm not going back begging him again.
    Is there no one else who can do this?

• Advertisement

Why did you not appeal the ban at the time? It's obviously going to be more difficult dealing with this now rather than when the ban was imposed (and everything was fresh in everyone's minds)

You say you were banned for asking a question. Can you point me to the post in question (you can view the forum if you log out)? What did the ban message say?

Sorry on my phone at the moment so cannot link. Was in relation to boxing at the Olympics. As I said I did try to speak with the mod afterwards on a number of occasions. Wasn't aware of this process until now.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Beasty, there's a deleted post after post 690 in this thread that appears to be the reason for the ban.

Thanks Zaph

I've been in discussion with the OP and the Mod who issued the ban. As a result of those discussions the Mod has now lifted the ban.

This dispute can now be marked as resolved

Well done fellas.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement