Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

opinions please

• 02-12-2012 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

i've always had a hankering for a bmw r1100rt, thing is i've a lovely 99 F650st which is very clean and tidy, i know i can jump on tommorrrow and itll get me there albeit steadily.... i've been offered a swap for a 96 r1100rt with 38k on it thing is tho i'm still on a prov licence and can't take my test till feb it would also mean taking my test then a rospa/aon assesment to enable me to ride it.... whereas if i kept my 650 it would be situation normal.... also the r1100rt doesnt have any luggage which is 250euro on top! can't think straight!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

serious3 wrote: »
    i've always had a hankering for a bmw r1100rt
    Simple as that. Go for it. Figure the rest out later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

i'm still on a prov licence and can't take my test till feb

You'll still be restricted for 2 years after you pass your test. So you'll have to restrict the R1100RT. That's another €300 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

well im slightly over the 24 yr limit so i'm gonna exchange the restricted for un restricted and do module 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

you might wantr to check you f650 against the new liscencing laws, it may actually be too underpowered to do the test on. Isnt it 70+ Kw minimun ???? sorry not sure

i thought it was 180kg with minimum power of 90kw for the unrestricted test?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

i thought it was 180kg with minimum power of 90kw for the unrestricted test?
    90kw is 120hp!
    There is no way that that power figure is the minimum.
    10 years ago that was World Superbike territory.

Motorcycles with a power rating not exceeding 35 kW, with a power to weight ratio not exceeding 0.2 kW/kg and not derived from a vehicle of more than double its power.

thats the rules for restricting a bike, i think! i know that the bike for taking an unrestricted test has to be a certain weight and power tho

ah well the swap is now off as despite lots of calls from him requesting details and pics and agreeing time and date to meet up etc he's gone and swopped it for a bloody 600 virago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

ah well the swap is now off as despite lots of calls from him requesting details and pics and agreeing time and date to meet up etc he's gone and swopped it for a bloody 600 virago

Tons of R11's around for when you're ready......and they'll be cheaper by then too.....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

one in galway on done deal, if he'd answer phone calls or listen to the voicemails he might actually sell it!

• Advertisement

one in galway on done deal, if he'd answer phone calls or listen to the voicemails he might actually sell it!

Which one ? I wonder do I know it....

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

ok after all the messing with the rt, i've done a deal on a triumph trophy 900, and i'm collecting it tomorrow afternoon from dublin. frost and fog forcast and ive got to get home to clifden on it!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

ok after all the messing with the rt, i've done a deal on a triumph trophy 900, and i'm collecting it tomorrow afternoon from dublin. frost and fog forcast and ive got to get home to clifden on it!:D

Good luck with that, I would have joined you for the trip out but working till 10pm :(

Join Ireland Weather Network

Hope you got home ok........the worst 2 days otherwise the last 2.....frost/etc....

Ode To The Motorist

got home safe and sound thanks, came with new tyres, serviced, full factory manual, new rear link bushes done.

got home safe and sound thanks, came with new tyres, serviced, full factory manual, new rear link bushes done.

Yum. Looks lovely.

Ode To The Motorist

must admit i'm very impressed with it, its some difference to my old F650 alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Lovely bike, just right for the twistie bits around connenmara

Join Ireland Weather Network

well as it wasnt raining for a change, i put another 140 miles on her today! starting to enjoy the handling through the sweepers, although twisty country roads will take some time! flying machine compared to the old single i had!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

ok after all the messing with the rt, i've done a deal on a triumph trophy 900

Nice. I used to have one of the first generation Trophy 900s (single headlight) - was a nice bike and if some stupid cager hadn't driven into me I'd probably still have it...

There used to be a good Yahoo group for the Trophy, don't know if it's still active these days. They used to call the twin headlamp Trophys 'Dame Ednas' :pac:

I liked the Triumph triple engine so much, I got a Sprint ST for my next bike, which I still have :)

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

would that group be called triumph torque?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,411 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Nope. Found it though, still going... http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/TriumphTrophy/

TriumphRat.net is a great site for T owners as well

Scrap the cap!

thanks ninja! i'm on the rat forum and triumph torque one, seems to be alot of helpful heads over there!

Advertisement