Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning received and post deleted for no apparent reason

Options
  • 03-12-2012 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

In the "Official Bitch About..." thread in the NUI Galway forum I posted up something regarding the the bus stop in front of the business and engineering buildings at NUIG being taken down, in which I made a jokey tongue-in-cheek comment about people who live in the Corrib Village student residency being "lazy bastards", I did not mean that, of course, it was just a joke, but that's not what is at question here. I come back later in the day to find that the post has been edited by musical.x, one of the forum moderators, to take out the word "bastards" and replaced with "<snip>", with the edit message saying something along the lines of "Please watch your language Nailz".

This was quite bizarre, it's not really a bad word, and if it was boards.ie would have starred it out, but I thought that was fair enough, there's not anything to it. So I replaced "<snip>" with "so-and-so" to keep it friendly and I replaced the edit message with "Since when was that considered bad language?" as musical.x's edit message was there before hand.

I come back about 30 minutes ago and find that I've received a warning message via PM from musical.x stating that I was questioning her decision on the public forum which is a breach of the charter, which it is; but I was not questioning her, I was questioning when that word started to be considered bad language. In which case she is very mistaken. But when I went back into the forum to source the post in question, she had deleted it prior to me doing so, which is quite laughable in all honestly, particularly as there was nothing wrong with the post.

I don't think this is necessarily her fault, I'm not trying to blame her, she just made a mistake, it happens. I'm just looking to get the situation amended as to get the warning cleared, and have the post put back as it was before its deletion. There has been an issue with moderators on the forum before, but I don't think that this is anything to do with it and I do think that the moderators have learned from recent complaints, this is just an extraordinary occurrence on musical.x's part.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, I look forward to hearing back from you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Hi again, I'm aware that this issue may be in the process of being looked at and that it may take some time, but I wish to seek confirmation on whether or not this is going to be taken care of.

The moderator, musical.x, is likely to be quite busy at the moment as there are exams on at the moment in NUIG, which may explain why she might not be able to reply to myself, or one of the folks here looking to deal with the issue, so I'm okay to sit tight until all this can be formally cleared up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

How long's it been since you first PM'd musical.x?

Sunday evening, last week. No reply.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

And have you PM'd the appropriate cmods yet?

I have not.

• Advertisement

Then you should do so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement