Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rec: Banned from After Hours

Options
  • 03-12-2012 2:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

Can someone explain why my topic relating to tyres was locked and i was banned from After Hours?

I though the topic would be okay (Seems that After Hours is for general discussion)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I haven't been talking to the mod involved yet, but I think I can figure this one out all on my own!

You have a problem with the amount of threads related in some way to gay topics in AH; you posted about it several times (the highlights in red are mine btw; I'll come back to that):
    Agree with the above.

How many gay/lesbian threads have been here in the last few weeks?

Seriously there's a section for it.. Use it!!

and
    Why not use the gay section in boards?
    Why post in After Hours?

If i posted a thread on here about what tyres to buy, It'd be moved to motors or locked. Why do gay threads get treated any different?
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    You don't like it? Don't read/post in it.

Don't post in this thread again.
    (Here, btw, you were told by the mod not to post in the thread again ... you did - post now deleted)

It was pointed out to you by several posters that you didn't have to be gay to discuss the topics in question, that they were of general interest, and as such AH was an appropriate home.

You obviously didn't agree, so you decided to post a new thread about it:
    Can a mod seriously sort this crap out?

The amount of gay related threads here lately is annoying.

There's another section for them to discuss their topics, If I posted here about what car to buy it'd be moved to the motoring section please move the gay tooics to the relevant section also.
    El Weirdo wrote: »
    Wow, you sound really tolerant.

If you have a problem with the content of threads in a forum, I suggest you report them. If the mods feel that something needs actioning, then we'll do something about it.

Don't start a thread complaining about it in here.
    They were supposed to confine themselves to their forum; heaven forbid they should interact with the general population of Boards or that non-gay users should be allowed to discuss such matters in AH (the fact that the threads in question had generally been started by non-gay users had also been pointed out to you earlier).

You were told by the mod to report posts if you had a problem with them, which is standard Boards practice, and the thread was locked.

This was not to your liking apparently; you then decided to start a thread about what tyres to buy for your car; because obviously this was a topic which was equally relevant to the general user-base.
    Can anyone tell me what would be the best size tyre to run on a 97 Nissan Micra with 8Jx15 Alloys Et25 (Have 15mm Hub Centric spacer adaptor on so Et10 now) Arches are currently rolled and car is lowered 40mm all round.

Will i need to flare my arches?
    Was thinking of running 195/50/s?

How will this effect the handling?
    How much of a stretch would be on the tire?

What are the best tyres to get? Toyo Proxes or Rainsports etc...

Should I use Camskill/Eiretyres or ?

The thread was closed and you were banned for one day.

And this is why I highlighted the quotes above in red, just to emphasise that there can be no possibility whatsoever that you had lost your way or accidentally posted in the wrong forum or that this was anything but a hissy fit because you weren't getting your own way.

You obviously knew perfectly well that your thread was not "okay"; you were simply trying to "stick it to the man".

So then you come here and start a frivolous DRP thread in an attempt to further your campaign.

So ... looking back over this scenario, I'm seeing:
    • Back-seat moderation
    • Failure to follow mod directions
    • Trolling
    • Starting a frivolous DRP thread to waste the time of the CatMods and Admins just as you've been wasting the time of the AH mods

Given that list, I think you're right in one way: that one day ban from AH definitely needs to be reviewed.

Ban increased to two weeks.

You are of course entitled to ask an Admin to review this if you feel they are likely to be more sympathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

OP is looking for an explanation == this is not a DRP.

If a thread holds no interest for you ... don't read it.

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement