Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New gaming rig

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

I`d check that 0% finance thing first...Quite possable its for German citizens only...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

dwighet wrote: »
    I`d check that 0% finance thing first...Quite possable its for German citizens only...

They don't even trust our credit cards let alone financing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

I can't see anywhere on the site that says its Germany only.. Just from a German bank but that shouldn't make a difference.. Dell uses a uk bank for their finance.

I just e-mailed them to find out

Either way I'll still prob get it have the money but paying over 12 months would be better financially

Just e-mailed them its only German people but I'll need one anyway ask my laptop is broken and have to give it back in 2 weeks ..

So CPU cooler anyone.. Gonna overclock i'd say to 4.0 - 4.2 if I can,

Love a h100 but brings me over budget and can't really lower anything in the build except the case but I love the fractal design r4.. Anyone used the bitfenix ghost? Its a bit cheaper and seems kinda similar to the r4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

People were giving this gpu good reviews.
    TTL did a review here

if cash aint a worry, go for a H100 :D:D:D sure at 0% finance you'd be mad not to :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

If you want some cheap air cooling
    http://lb.hardwareversand.de/Intel+AMD/52672/Thermalright+True+Spirit+120.article
    good reviews should be find for such a small overclock(4.2)

I have a fairly poor sandy bridge i5 that I had to put lots of volts through to get 4.4 stable and this keeps it fairly cool with out making much noise.

http://lb.hardwareversand.de/Intel+AMD/49134/Scythe+Mugen+3%2C+f%C3%BCr+alle+Sockel+geeignet.article

MRTULES wrote: »
    People were giving this gpu good reviews.
    TTL did a review here

if cash aint a worry, go for a H100 :D:D:D sure at 0% finance you'd be mad not to :p

That gpu is more expensive than the one I have.... The 0% finance is for German residents only..

I might just opt for the h100 it's only 26 over budget..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

U_Fig wrote: »
    That gpu is more expensive than the one I have.... The 0% finance is for German residents only..

I might just opt for the h100 it's only 26 over budget..

But you can overclock the bejaysus out of that 7950. Go with the Club3D one. Also any reason you're spending so much on the motherboard?

But you can overclock the bejaysus out of that 7950. Go with the Club3D one. Also any reason you're spending so much on the motherboard?

Do you know if other people who got the card have been able to repeat the overclocks seen in that review?

Of course it's worth the €1 to find out :)

tuxy wrote: »

Do you know if other people who got the card have been able to repeat the overclocks seen in that review?

Of course it's worth the €1 to find out :)

Could I not overclock the bejaysus out of the sapphire one? I will get the club 3d one if you think it's better.

I've dropped the mobo to a Asrock pro 4.. I want to be able to crossfire..the one i'm using now (my cousins one)has a 7950 and no doubt he'll upgrade next year and I'll get that cheap off him cheap and crossfire..

Brings me to 997... Perfect have a Load of 2.5 inch harddrives here so will pop them into it too..

• Advertisement

You could probably get a good overclock out of the sapphire but it looks like the club 3d one has much higher potential.
    Of course every card is different so your results may vary.

Advertisement