Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Sat

• 03-12-2012 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi.I was considering signing up for Q Sat broadband,as I currently have O2 dongle,and speeds ain't great,and my area isn't great coverage wise.I can't get Eircom or UPC either.Has anyone any experience of Q Sat?
    Thanks,
    Shoe in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Don't bother.Check for fixed wireless providers in your area,they tend to provide a better & cheaper service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

The total cost and minimum term (usually 2 years) are very high. They are only intended as a very last resort for the rich.

The speed is "up to" meaning you may never get the speed and they throttle heavy users by the minute, hour day etc. so downloading or streaming TV for more than a few minutes won't work.

If you can't get anything else then it is an option but calculate the total cost and remember you cannot backout for 24+ months.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Egan2012

I am with q sat for a number of months now. I find them very good. I am paying 44 a month for mine. That gives me enough usage even to watch tv online. I can schedule my downloads so I can start my downloads automatically at free downloading times. Between 2am and 8am.

Advertisement