Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stylish snow/winter wear

• 03-12-2012 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi,

I'm off on a winter holiday next week (Prague and Vienna) but I'm struggling to find a decent coats and accessories that looks good and that's practical for sub zero-ish temparatures!

There are a tonne of stylish Autumn/Winter coats out in the shops at the minute but I don't know if they'll actually keep me warm.

Any help, suggestions, recommendations for brands/online shops, etc would be much appreciated! Looking for practicality and style - I hope I'm not asking for too much ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Anon85 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm off on a winter holiday next week (Prague and Vienna) but I'm struggling to find a decent coats and accessories that looks good and that's practical for sub zero-ish temparatures!

There are a tonne of stylish Autumn/Winter coats out in the shops at the minute but I don't know if they'll actually keep me warm.

Any help, suggestions, recommendations for brands/online shops, etc would be much appreciated! Looking for practicality and style - I hope I'm not asking for too much ;)

I can't really advise on a coat. Perhaps it would be better to get a nice padded/feather one over there. You could stock up on thermals from M&S which I have been told are way better than Dunnes and Pennys. Tight for under jeans would be good if you don't want to go for longjohns.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

+1 for the feather, or puffa, style. They keep you really warm, especially if you can get a knee length one.

As for accessories, some nice leather gloves or wooly mittens would be stylish, depending on which you're into. You'll probably need a proper hat, but headbands are nice too to keep the ears warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Twee. wrote: »
    +1 for the feather, or puffa, style. They keep you really warm, especially if you can get a knee length one.

As for accessories, some nice leather gloves or wooly mittens would be stylish, depending on which you're into. You'll probably need a proper hat, but headbands are nice too to keep the ears warm.

You can get thermal gloves and hats etc. Check out out door stores that sell ski wear. TK Maxx springs to mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Don't go overboard. If you want a coat maybe look at Italian brands, Sisley or Benetton usually do thick ones. More importantly get yourself a nice thick knitted jumper or two, and some long sleeved tops for underneath. Unless you plan to go clubbing, the dress code, even for evening is way more relaxed than in Ireland also it's usually colder in the pubs so never wear just a coat and a thin top or a dress. Always wear tights with dresses or skirts. And pack a pair of good boots. Last year low heeled, black riding or similar style boots were very popular. Gloves, hat and scarf are a must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

It's probably too late for you now, but Athleta (athleta.com) do stylish "performance outerwear". They are in US and their website shipping is expensive but there are lots of Ebay sellers too and that's how I get mine! They last forever as they have great quality finish, stitching etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement