Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO 2013 -All Queries here!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭deadman1972

You will not be offere all three, thats not how it works as far as i know,open to correction though. I have also applied last month and from what i read at the time you will only be offered the highest placed course available on your list. So if commerce in UCC is the highest place available to you then thats all you will be offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Abracastabya

So I can't get offered two of any of the three colleges chosen?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

I applied last year and you list in order of preference; and you only get one offer at anytime that you need to accept within a week (I think its a week)

For example if you were offered your second choice, you can accept, or wait til next round and may be offered your first choice if all the places weren't taken up in the previous round.

But you can't go the other way, i.e. be offered your first choice and hold out for your second. So its important to rank in preference above all else.

Thats the general jist - theres a tonne of detailed explanations on the board tho! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

If I deferred a course last year but would like to apply for new ones, will it affect my deferral from last year?

I'd like to keep it as an option if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

If I deferred a course last year but would like to apply for new ones, will it affect my deferral from last year?

I'd like to keep it as an option if possible.

Yes, if you include new courses on your CAO form this year your deferral is cancelled and you will be in competition for a place again.

• Advertisement

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Yes, if you include new courses on your CAO form this year your deferral is cancelled and you will be in competition for a place again.

Awh sh!te, so would the best thing to do be put the course I've deferred on the CAO application too and hope for the best?

Awh sh!te, so would the best thing to do be put the course I've deferred on the CAO application too and hope for the best?

Yes, you need to put it on the list if you want to be considered for a place on the deferred course.

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Yes, you need to put it on the list if you want to be considered for a place on the deferred course.

I see, cheers paperclip2!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stormlover

I just learned today that I have chosen the wrong course code, CAO will do nothing for me. I suppose I will have to apply all over again next year. The course is psychiatric nursing standard code and should have been mature code, in all correspondance with the CAO they referred to me as a mature applicant.

aw storm hard luck. I got two letters in the post the other day from cao asking me for my leaving cert exam numbers( i repeated). I distinctly remember filling all that in on my cao application befor Christmas but they seem to have lost it. Now the pressure is on me to get it sorted in the next week so itrs back to them in time defore my test next month:mad:

• Advertisement

Hope you get it sorted deadman

You and me both storm, fecking eejits losing my results. Last thing i need is more stress, trying to get into college as a 40yr old man is stressfull enough:eek:

Am I goosed until next year? is there anyway around this???

dont know m8 but you would want to move fast you only got a few weeks to get it sorted before you got to do that aptitude test.

stormlover wrote: »
    Am I goosed until next year? is there anyway around this???

Have you called the colleges you applied to. They might be the only ones who could do something for you now. If they agreed to look at you as an mature applicant then you may have room for manoeuvre with CAO.

Advertisement