Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filming up coming event need it transferred to Beta after

• 03-12-2012 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Hope you can help me ? I have no back ground what so ever in film production but I am hosting an event on the 8th of Dec where i have a film producer coming in to do the filming for me. he has experience and all the equipment the issue we are having is the company we will hand the film over work of the BETA system. From what he tells me this is not a very popular/common form. We will be filming onto dvd or hard drive and need it converted to BETA. If there is anyone preferrably in the Galway area that can assist I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanking you in Advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭afatbollix

A couple of questions:

Do they mean digibeta?

Do they want it SD or HD?

Most production houses will have a SD Digibeta deck. Not many will have a HD deck.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Yes I think it is Digibeta, SD as the chanel that it will be shown on won't be HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

crusher000 wrote: »
    Yes I think it is Digibeta, SD as the chanel that it will be shown on won't be HD.

Be sure that you check this out as there's a difference between Beta SP and Digibeta.

If you say 'beta' to someone in the industry they will automatically presume you mean Beta SP where as 'digi' is the shortened version of digibeta. Neither Beta or Digi are HD formats.

RTE still broadcast a fair bit of material from Digi so it's a pretty common format. Beta on the other hand is used rarely these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

yes it's digibeta , TG4 use the system and that's the station that requests my program in that format.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭afatbollix

TG4 is now HD.. If you are filming it in HD you should provide it in HD. Also talk to TG4 they might be able to take it in by hard drive to a edit suit and stick it on a tape for you.

I work for a TV channel in the UK and now expect XD Cam or HD cam ( Like Digi tape but for HD)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

afatbollix wrote: »
    TG4 is now HD.. If you are filming it in HD you should provide it in HD.

He should deliver it on whatever format was agreed upon to be honest. Although TG4 are now broadcasting a lot of stuff in HD if they asked for this to be delivered on Digi then that's what they should deliver on.

Advertisement