Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMobile - deposit for phones ?

Options
  • 03-12-2012 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Hi - I just change to the eMobile unlimited offer for Eircom customers.
    I was surprised that I had to pay a 190 Euro deposit on the Samsung S3 phone I was getting. I don't see this anywhere obvious on the website.
    I was a bit confused to be honest as my wife also changed to eMobile and did not have to pay a deposit on an iPhone 5.
    On top of that, the eircom bill is in my name and I have never missed a payment on it. It's as if the deposit is totally random.
    Can you offer any clarification on this ?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I was surprised that I had to pay a 190 Euro deposit on the Samsung S3 phone I was getting. I don't see this anywhere obvious on the website.
    I was a bit confused to be honest as my wife also changed to eMobile and did not have to pay a deposit on an iPhone 5.
    On top of that, the eircom bill is in my name and I have never missed a payment on it. It's as if the deposit is totally random.

Hi deadl0ck,

Any of our customers who want to open a new Bill Pay account with us are subject to credit approval and in some cases, a contract pre-payment may be requested before the contract can be fully processed.

Our store or customer care team would have no information available to them regarding why your bill pay account application required this pre-payment.

Further details can only be provided after we receive a signed written request from you.

In the letter, you will need to include the below:
    - Application ID number.
    - Date application made.
    - Your Name.
    - Your mobile number if you proceeded with the contract.
    - Where you bought the phone.
    - Your written signature.

FAO Credit Control,
    1 Heuston South Quarter,
    St Johns Road,
    Dublin 8

Upon receipt of this letter we will contact you as soon as possible though I would note it can take up to 5 to 7 working days from the time we receive your letter to process this request.

I hope this information helps.

Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

I just paid a 130e deposit on an iPhone5, after paying 519e for the phone. Seems a bit random alright.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

BluE-WinG wrote: »
    I just paid a 130e deposit on an iPhone5, after paying 519e for the phone. Seems a bit random alright.

Hi BluE-WinG,

As I advised in your previous post this deposit is refunded to you after you have paid 6 bills on the network. You can choose to get this refunded to your bank account or remain on your eMobile account to pay off your subsequent bills.

Gráinne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I think he meant the credit check seems random...

I have no bad credit history, am a home owner, and have been an Eircom customer for years and I was asked for a 190 deposit (I'm also 39 years old, so my age demographic is good also).

My wife is the same but younger and was not asked for a depoist.

Anyhoo.....

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

I think he meant the credit check seems random...

I have no bad credit history, am a home owner, and have been an Eircom customer for years and I was asked for a 190 deposit (I'm also 39 years old, so my age demographic is good also).

My wife is the same but younger and was not asked for a depoist.

Anyhoo.....

Hi deadl0ck,

I understand your frustration in regard to this unfortunately I would not have access to the reason why this is required as soon as you send the letter to the above address an agent will respond to you within 10 working days.

Gráinne

• Advertisement
Advertisement