Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mulled Wine Recipe for 100 people?

Options
  • 03-12-2012 11:47am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭

Would anyone have a recipe for making a large quantity of mulled wine for a party? The most I've ever made it for is five people! I was thinking of just following the traditional recipe I use every year but increasing the amounts. But it would be great if someone had done this before and could share some advice or give a link to recipe.
    Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I have to say you can't really beat the Aldi/Lidl Gluhwein. And considering it's a 1l bottle, you'd be hard pressed to make it cheaper.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Thanks, I went with this and got it before the budget rise!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Thanks, I went with this and got it before the budget rise!

AHHHHHH!!! DRAT! I never thought of that. Bugger.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

olaola wrote: »
    AHHHHHH!!! DRAT! I never thought of that. Bugger.

Might not be too late - most retailers are holding the pre budget price while they get through what they had in stock before the budget.
    I heard a NOFFLA person on the radio suggesting that their members would hold prices until Christmas.
    Of course some will have had very little stock due to panic buying on Wednesday evening ! and others will just be cynically cashing in on the situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭iliketeaandcake

Just spotted bottles of mulled wine in Super Valu this evening at 6 quid a bottle, I don't know if it's as nice as the Aldi Gluhwein but it seems like a good deal!

• Advertisement
Advertisement