Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Transfer craziness...

Options
  • 03-12-2012 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

So as a business (last few years) and personal (last 25 years) customer I go to my branch to transfer some money (Euro area transfer), like I've done a few times this year. I get told that amounts under €3000 can now only be done on-line (did we get informed of this?). Fine, an hour of my time wasted, but the bigger problem is not being set up on-line to do this, and having to get it done quickly.

I judge that it will be quicker to get it set up on my personal account, so I decide to go that route instead. A week later I'm finally in the position to add the payee, I enter in the details and I get an error 'Payee cannot be added at this time'.

I ring Banking365, and basically get told there's nothing they can do, no offer to investigate, wasn't asked for the details.

So that's it - can't transfer money in the branch, can't transfer money on-line. Awful treatment both in branch and over the phone - no interest whatsoever from anyone in helping me solve my problem.

Time to move my business and personal accounts to AIB, who were extremely helpful the last time I had dealings with them. All told, especially with the business, that's a significant loss in deposits & investments for you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭AlbionCat

I too had this problem - for 9 months! The BOI online refused to accept one of the largest banks in the UK as a payee. I rang, I emailed and I complained over the counter in branch. I got absolutely nowhere. My favorite suggestion from the one of the phone calls was that I should ring the UK bank in question and get them to change their BIC number!!

In the end I gave up with BOI and opened an account with Ulster Bank. I strongly recommend you find an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Yeah its a joke alright. French IBANs don't seem to work either, they say they're the wrong length.
    The whole system is rubbush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Nwm2,

If you would like to pm us your details, we will request a call back to investigate the issue further. Please include your name, contact number and the branch your account is held with.

Thanks
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi enda1,

Regarding ibans, you can find more information here and also check the iban you have for France.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Linda

Advertisement