Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accountancy/Finance in Oz not fully qualified?

Options
  • 03-12-2012 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Anyone over there find a job in accountancy/finance who was not fully qualified? I have years experience working in an accountancy practice but just couldn't get my final exams. Is it even worth my while considering going to Australia not being a fully qualified accountant? Or is there anyone out there who got lucky and got work not being fully qualified?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Rod Hull Roofing

ahtfulal84 wrote: »
    Anyone over there find a job in accountancy/finance who was not fully qualified? I have years experience working in an accountancy practice but just couldn't get my final exams. Is it even worth my while considering going to Australia not being a fully qualified accountant? Or is there anyone out there who got lucky and got work not being fully qualified?

you dont need to be qualified to be an accountant over here. the aussies are very lax when it comes to this. a professional recognition helps but to be an accountant here you just need a bachelors degree in accountancy/business and work experience in the field
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

You may get an accounts role without qualifications but contrary to the above advice, you do need qualifications to get accountancy work.

Accounts payable roles are pretty low-end stuff with wages mirroring this. Mainly temp work for $20-$22 an hour and short term contracts. If you just plan on coming over on a 1-year WHV then it should be fine.

But if your aim is to get sponsored then you will need the qualifications as they look for proof (certs, papers etc) when your applying for a 457.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Rod Hull Roofing

im sorry but i didnt say otherwise, you just misread my post and assumed all sorts
    if you try to get residency as an accountant, you do not need to be professionally recognised, this is fact . you just need a bachelors degree and work experience. im ACCA qualified and over here you may as well not have quals as acca isnt really recognised. if you are going professional route, id opt for the CPA

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Diddlydoubt

im sorry but i didnt say otherwise, you just misread my post and assumed all sorts
    if you try to get residency as an accountant, you do not need to be professionally recognised, this is fact . you just need a bachelors degree and work experience. im ACCA qualified and over here you may as well not have quals as acca isnt really recognised. if you are going professional route, id opt for the CPA

i am going over to melbourne in february 2012.

just recently qualified as an ACA Chartered Accountant.

i worked in Big4 Audit for my 3.5 year training contract, then 6 months in a large Bank in Dublin working in a financial accountancy role.

i will be seeking accountancy work when i get over to Melbourne.

What are my chances of getting work over there?

What sort of money would i expect to get?

Advertisement