Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Accountany/Finance work not fully qualified?

• 03-12-2012 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Anyone over there find a job in accountancy/finance who was not fully qualified? I have years experience working in an accountancy practice but just couldn't get my final exams. Is it even worth my while considering going to Canada not being a fully qualified accountant? Or is there anyone out there who got lucky and got work not being fully qualified?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

I'd say you'd find it tough mate. Even with Irish qualifications you'd have to get them designated in Canada

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

It'll be tough, the market is competitive here. Honestly I don't know what to advise you as I'm not sure what the part qualified market is like here. If you are looking to change careers then Canada could be great as there is a huge financial services industry (in TO)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ahtfulal84

Phonehead wrote: »
    It'll be tough, the market is competitive here. Honestly I don't know what to advise you as I'm not sure what the part qualified market is like here. If you are looking to change careers then Canada could be great as there is a huge financial services industry (in TO)

Thanks for the reply Phonehead. I would definitely consider any option at this stage. What sort of jobs should I be looking for in Toronto to get into financial services? I do have some experience in funds but that was a good few years ago. You hardly know anyone that knows someone who could get me a break over there? I hear it's all about contacts in Canada. Any help appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭Phonehead

Toronto is all about contacts but the only contacts I could give you are recruiters I've met! be warned though Recruiters here have no soul;) if you want to be wined, dined and promised the sun moon and stars only to never get a call the next day, then prepare yourself for a few weeks of frustration! Unfortunately they are a necessary evil when you first arrive, with no Canadian experience/references most companies are reluctant to hire. There are usually loads of data entry type roles in Toronto and most of the recruiters will have a constant flow of positions.

Advertisement