Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

astec 63 alarm

Options
  • 03-12-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi Im hoping someone here can help me, and if this is the wrong forum please fell free to move it .

I have an astec 63 alarm in my apartment and last night it decided to start sending a 1 second chirp from the siren ever 30 seconds or so. I checked the keypad and there was no alarms or any warnings. I pressed the "clear" button and the chirps stopped for an hour then started chirping again at different intervals ( once every 10 seconds / once every 2 minutes). I even set the alarm and deactivated it but nothing seemed to work :confused: eventually i managed to get 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

Does anyone know what might cause this and how to fix it? If it continues chirping I might just try disconnect the internal siren until I can get someone to look at it.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you sure its not a smoke alarm?
    Try disconnecting the internal siren to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭vex

Hi KoolKid

Not a smoke alarm, removed the internal siren and no random chirps :) .

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It's an odd one. Is the keypad showing any faults?
    Try powering down the system completely (remove the mains power & remove the battery link ) Leave for 2 minutes & power up again.

There is an error message showing on the screen now since I removed the internal siren. think it said error 22 call engineer???? Next step is to get the landlord to take a look or get someone to take a look at it.

thanks for you help :D

Do you have the engineer code for this system?

• Advertisement

No engineer code just the normal code to disarm the alarm

Ok then you can't delete the internal and use the system without it.
    Try clear 1174 , if not PM me who installed it and I'll see if I can find a code for it .Have you tried powering it down and up again?
    Also has the battery ever been replaced? .

Hi koolKid

I tried that code but I think it was changed by whoever installed the alarm. Im waiting to hear back from the Landlord about this. Im just happy that im not getting woken up in the middle of the night and I can set the alarm when I go out.:D

Thanks for your suggestions , I will PM when I find out who installed the alarm.

No bother. If you need anything more you know where we are.

Advertisement