Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from after hours for sticking up for obese people

• 03-12-2012 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

The thread started with a funny video? from Ricky Gervais?

It then went on to discuss the reasons for obesity where some posters told people it was their choice that they were obese

When alternative scenarios were brought up, some posters became idiotic and refused to even acknowledge any other reasons for obesity but free will

Many posters wrote heart felt pieces on their life experiences which were shot down by posters as laziness and told it was their choice

All the while i get banned for calling these people idiotic and insulting

I did ignore a mail not to go onto the thread again but when people are brave enough to post their experiences and risk abuse, why shouldnt someone stick up for them
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi pitythefool,

You were not banned for sticking up for obese people
    All the while i get banned for calling these people idiotic and insulting

There are better ways to stick up for people than by resorting to personal abuse. Personal abuse is not tolerated. Calling people idiotic is personal abuse. Your reasons for it do not matter.

Secondly,
    I did ignore a mail not to go onto the thread again but when people are brave enough to post their experiences and risk abuse, why shouldnt someone stick up for them

Again, your reasons for ignoring a mod instruction do not matter. Your ban wasn't even for the personal abuse, it was for posting in a thread a moderator had banned you from posting in again. Mods may choose to thread-ban people in order to prevent threads from getting out of hand, and also to prevent having to issue an actual ban to someone. You willfully ignored it and were banned as a result.

Your reasons for disregarding the rules are irrelevant. You disregarded the rules and got a one-day ban for it. Take it as a lesson learnt. In future, if given a mod instruction, either follow it, or discuss it with the mod instead of just ignoring it.

Ban stands. You may request an admin to review this decision if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

Penn wrote: »
    Hi pitythefool,

You were not banned for sticking up for obese people

There are better ways to stick up for people than by resorting to personal abuse. Personal abuse is not tolerated. Calling people idiotic is personal abuse. Your reasons for it do not matter.

Secondly,

Again, your reasons for ignoring a mod instruction do not matter. Your ban wasn't even for the personal abuse, it was for posting in a thread a moderator had banned you from posting in again. Mods may choose to thread-ban people in order to prevent threads from getting out of hand, and also to prevent having to issue an actual ban to someone. You willfully ignored it and were banned as a result.

Your reasons for disregarding the rules are irrelevant. You disregarded the rules and got a one-day ban for it. Take it as a lesson learnt. In future, if given a mod instruction, either follow it, or discuss it with the mod instead of just ignoring it.

Ban stands. You may request an admin to review this decision if you wish.

I can put up with a ban, but the subtle abuse of other posters i cannot, has this been dealt with as i requested before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can put up with a ban, but the subtle abuse of other posters i cannot, has this been dealt with as i requested before

If you have a problem with a post, report it and let the mods deal with it. If nothing has been done about it after a reasonable amount of time (a day or so), either report it again or PM a mod.

If you're no longer disputing the ban, this can be marked as resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭pitythefool

Penn wrote: »
    If you have a problem with a post, report it and let the mods deal with it. If nothing has been done about it after a reasonable amount of time (a day or so), either report it again or PM a mod.

If you're no longer disputing the ban, this can be marked as resolved.

I have done that a few times with no reply

Also i cant report anymore unless i can go into the thread, not to post just to report abuse

Also where do i mark as resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement