Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSD and LiNK

• 03-12-2012 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried LiNK yet? It's the new system link plugin for FSD which allows you to play system link games online with other RGH/JTAG consoles. I had a few matches but would be cool to have a few local games with other boards members.

It's relatively easy to set up, just look at the tutorial at the link below.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/439-how-to-set-up-f3-and-link/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

justryan wrote: »
    Anyone tried LiNK yet? It's the new system link plugin for FSD which allows you to play system link games online with other RGH/JTAG consoles. I had a few matches but would be cool to have a few local games with other boards members.

It's relatively easy to set up, just look at the tutorial at the link below.

http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?/topic/439-how-to-set-up-f3-and-link/

I would play but first I have to download and install FSD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

It's pretty awesome!

I noticed 500 odd people online there, great online gameplay on Black Ops 2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Pov06 wrote: »
    It's pretty awesome!

I noticed 500 odd people online there, great online gameplay on Black Ops 2 :)

Yup got mine sorted

It turns out LiNK doesn't work so well with ICS so you should connect your Xbox directly to the router either wirelessly or wired

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I take it this is better than our last venture into 3rd party online play, where you needed to live in Sao Paulo to be able to use the service :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

EnterNow wrote: »
    I take it this is better than our last venture into 3rd party online play, where you needed to live in Sao Paulo to be able to use the service :D

That was a day worth spending to find out that X-link Kai is such shíte :D

I think I'll get on the LiNK train this weekend and give it shot :)

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »

Yeah it's awesome very little tinkering about all you need to do is forward two ports on your router and register on jqe360.com I'd imagine the speeds would be great if we had a few local games

Well even if you play on foreign hosts it's not too laggy. Went I played it felt alright.

I remember playing without the 30ms ping patch on XLink Kai, searching for hosts with low pings...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 djreferee

Cheers ryan will give it a go this weekend

I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
    I have xbox connected to pc and using the PC wifi adapter. I have an old eircom modem/router. Netopia 2247

I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?
    I have xbox connected to pc and using the PC wifi adapter. I have an old eircom modem/router. Netopia 2247

Are you forwarding both tcp and udp ports in your router config? Default ports are 3071 and 3072

• Advertisement

I think I have below:

231684.jpg

I think I have below:

231684.jpg

Looks like your using port triggers look for a port forwarding page, it should allow you to specify the Xbox's IP address on that page remember to use udp and tcp for both ports 3071 & 3072

Thanks for your help justryan but it still won't work. Maybe because I'm going through my PC wireless adapter.

231691.jpg

Thanks for your help justryan but it still won't work. Maybe because I'm going through my PC wireless adapter.

231691.jpg

How is your network setup?

The modem/router is in my brothers room and I have the xbox connected to my PC with standard network cable and my PC has a usb wifi adapter. On my Pc I have it set up to share its internet connection with the xbox. I fail both tests on FSD3 but get pass on JQE360

The modem/router is in my brothers room and I have the xbox connected to my PC with standard network cable and my PC has a usb wifi adapter. On my Pc I have it set up to share its internet connection with the xbox. I fail both tests on FSD3 but get pass on JQE360

ICS is the problem the Xbox should be connected directly to the router by wired connection or wireless adapter

ICS is the problem the Xbox should be connected directly to the router by wired connection or wireless adapter

Thanks justryan it is working now. :-)

Great! Are you able to join games?

I haven't got that far yet. I am downloading game covers at the min. I have a slow connection

I joined a team in the lobby but I don't know how to join a game. If other people from boards are going to play let me know in advance which game. As the only newest game I have is Halo 4. I do not have black ops 2. Though I have the first one.

• Advertisement

I recommend checking out if any of the games you want to play have players in them here : http://link.jqe360.com/

Advertisement