Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas tree deliveries in Waterford

Options
  • 03-12-2012 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of a garden centre, or other Christmas tree sellers offering deliveries around the city this year? I would love a real tree but have no way of getting it home!!

I know that the people selling trees in Blackfriars are including delivery in the €50 price, but to be honest their selection was very small and the trees weren't great.

Any info on other options would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!!

D_V

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

I passed by place this morning down a lane opposite grange heights near farron park , thought I saw will deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

Is €50 really the going rate for a tree these days? It's years since I bought one but thought the guy near farron park was around a €10. Add a taxi up and back and you'd still get out of this for way less than 50. I think?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

Decies - Thanks for that info, I'll definitely check those trees out!

Old Gregg - I haven't seen a tree for €10 in the last few years, but if you find one for that price please let me know!!!

This afternoon one of my colleagues told me that the trees in Easter Island Garden Centre are aprox €45 with another €5 for delivery around the city, so that looks like it might be the going rate this year. Will keep researching though.......!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

shows how out of touch I am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

seen trees for sale in woodies diy the other day for 55euro,even rubbed me eyes to see if i was seeing things,for that price it would want to come decorated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

old gregg wrote: »
    Is €50 really the going rate for a tree these days? It's years since I bought one but thought the guy near farron park was around a €10. Add a taxi up and back and you'd still get out of this for way less than 50. I think?

A tenner?! Not for 15 years at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

I got an 8 foot tree from that Farm across from Farran Park for €40 which was about €20 cheaper than anywhere else I tried ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Ripples i hope your paying Sully for the free advertising here he wont be happy when he sees three Christmas trees threads!!!!:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Hi all, does anyone know some of the usual ways of disposing of trees after Christmas? Is there a place to drop them off? Do any of the bin companies usually collect them as part of the service? Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone know some of the usual ways of disposing of trees after Christmas? Is there a place to drop them off? Do any of the bin companies usually collect them as part of the service? Thanks in advance :)

Bump...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

I believe the council used to when they were running the bin service - that was a few years ago now. Probably best to ring your provider and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Gadgie

You can bring it to the dump at Kilbarry and dispose of it for €2.

http://www.waterfordcity.ie/departments/environment/kilbarry.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

I can get rid of them if anyone wants to pm me

The more the merrier to be honest

Advertisement