Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ignoring a member and avatars

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Even if Boards could implement a system where users could no longer see posts made by users that had them on their ignore list, sure it would be very easily circumvented as all they would have to do is log-out and they'd be able to see all.

That would then mean that members could quickly tell who had them on their on ignore or not and so it would then very quickly become a function used primarily to stick two fingers at other users.

I think, unless people are being abusive, then getting rid of them either physically, or just functionally (as it would be and is in this case) is a little unfair as even if you don't like someone's views and/or opinions, at the end of the day this is a discussion forum and so even though you might disagree with 99% of what someone's says, there is that 1% that might just be a nugget of gold that may even change your or inform your opinion on one thing or another.

Tbh, I think even the ignore function as it is pointless as you can see whenever the users you have ignored are quoted anyway.

Be a Jedi and just ignore them with your mind.

:D

Ya, I see what you mean though..

I'd start by PMing the local mods, there's no need to go straight to admin. If the local mods don't help, then escalate it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

I'd start by PMing the local mods, there's no need to go straight to admin. If the local mods don't help, then escalate it.

Ya, True.

Okay that will do so, this can be locked if a mod wishes.

Thanks to everyone for their help! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Murder? Modding AH really has changed you. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Yup, I never really thought of taking it down or even going to an admin, Cheers.

We would prefer you take it up with the local Mods first.
    The CMod after that if you are not happy with the response.
    Admin are a last resort.

Thread closed as requested.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement