Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet sitters that come to your house?

• 03-12-2012 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭

My partner and I are getting married in March and we need someone to mind our guinea pigs for four days. I know there are people who do small animal boarding but we have 14 guinea pigs, so more than the capacity for most places like that, not to mention the hassle of transporting them all, and they'd be much happier in their home environment.

Are there any places that do that? (We're in Dublin 9). Preferably somewhere established (there are obvious security concerns with giving a stranger the keys to your house). We're making a few enquiries at our local pet shop and vet but I'd like a few ideas for alternatives if that doesn't work out.

It would entail calling in twice a day to give veg and top up the hay and pellets, nothing more taxing than that. Normally our friends do it when we go away, but obviously they're invited to the wedding.

We're not totally against boarding if that's the only option, it's more just that we'd have to split them across two or three places with the numbers we have.

Thanks for any ideas you can give me!

Comments

Advertisement