Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you name instrumental songs?

Options
  • 03-12-2012 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Just wondering how other people approach this, cause it's something I feel difficult to get right. Whenever I try and pick a word or phrase that matches the mood of the track, it always seems a little cheesy and forced.

Other times, the names are just in-jokes or randomly picked things.

Thought it might be an interesting discussion to see how other people go about this. And at what point do you name the songs? Before starting, midway through, or after its finished?

Comments

I'm not sure why but I've always loved instrumental songs with really random names that have nothing to do with the song. I think sometimes a word just sticks and its hard think of it as anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

The last instrumental track I recorded I thought (at the time) sounded very Iron Maiden-like, so I called in Meindarion - completely meaningless, just an anagram of Iron Maiden.

Advertisement