Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College Green Fast Lodgement

Options
  • 03-12-2012 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi, I went into the College Green Branch last Wednesday to do a cash lodgement to an account not in my name.

So I filled out the lodgement as normal, but found no fast lodgement envelopes around, yet the box was out. I interrupted a clerk to ask, where are the envelopes and she replied I had to use the fast lodgement machine, but I pointed out, it was a lodgement to an account not in my name so I did not have a card for it. She advised that I had to que to do the lodgement, now bear in mind it was lunch time and the que was 16 people long.

I politely asked to speak to someone about this but this fell on deaf ears.

So in the end, I left the branch with the cash and lodged it back into my UB account and did a transfer which took 2 days to clear.

Not a happy customer over this. Can someone comfirm that you can stil do fast lodgements?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi ispini1984,

We appreciate your feedback on your experience. We're introducing new technology to our branches, while retaining some of our traditional services. Customers will no longer have the quick lodgement boxes available to them. You can however, if it is your own account, use the lodgements machines. You can also set up a standing order if it is a regular payment or transfer the funds electronically.

I hope this helps.
    Thanks again for your feedback.
    Linda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Hi, no thats doesnt solve the issue, If I have to make an out of normal cash lodgement to an account with BOI not in my name, youre telling me that as a Bank, you cannot accept this ??

How is that helpful?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

ispini1984 wrote: »
    Hi, no thats doesnt solve the issue, If I have to make an out of normal cash lodgement to an account with BOI not in my name, youre telling me that as a Bank, you cannot accept this ??

How is that helpful?

The quick lodge facility is a luxury, not a god given right written by consumer laws, just have to suck it up and queue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi ispini1984,

Apologies these alternatives will not be an option for you. Cashiers will still be happy to accept lodgements over the counter, if the account is not your own. You will be able to do this at any Bank of Ireland branch.

Thanks
    Linda

jameshayes wrote: »
    The quick lodge facility is a luxury, not a god given right written by consumer laws, just have to suck it up and queue

If the bank is encouraging us to use automatic tellers in the branch as opposed to queing, I fail to see why the quick lodgement box is removed as there are less tellers manning their desks nowadays.

So in essence, their own new approach is hindeirng their customers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭harolds57

ispini1984 wrote: »
    I fail to see why the quick lodgement box is removed as there are less tellers manning their desks nowadays.

So in essence, their own new approach is hindeirng their customers.

I wonder is there less tellers or is it a case that people are queing up cause they dont like these new machines or with the new changes on free banking are more people using the desk at the bank to withdraw larger cash amounts than a ATM will allow you so as to reduce constantly having 28cent charges for using your card?

harolds57 wrote: »
    I wonder is there less tellers or is it a case that people are queing up cause they dont like these new machines or with the new changes on free banking are more people using the desk at the bank to withdraw larger cash amounts than a ATM will allow you so as to reduce constantly having 28cent charges for using your card?

Well in my experience, and I have been to a fair few BOI branches, there are less tellers at their desks. I wont disagree with you regarding people queing to avoid paying the charges

But i stil cant see, what the fast lodgement can be available. Yes you can do a etf, but you need to que for that and bring id etc. not time saving in my opinion.

Advertisement