Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC freezing issue

Options
  • 03-12-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

So I have this issue with my old PC. All of a sudden around a week or so ago it started freezing whilst in standby mode. This never happened before so I'm wondering if you guys could help?

I'll post my dxdiag if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

tobasco wrote: »
    Hello,

So I have this issue with my old PC. All of a sudden around a week or so ago it started freezing whilst in standby mode. This never happened before so I'm wondering if you guys could help?

I'll post my dxdiag if anyone is interested.

Thanks.

is it win xp?

a few things cause freezing

1. overheating cpu... clean out any dust from the heatsink and fan - remove the cpu heatsink carefully and clean the cpu and apply a fresh layer of thermal paste on the cpu (u can buy it in pc world for about a tenner) then reattach the heatsink and fan.

2. if windows has hibernation enabled - disable it... it never worked properly anyways

Advertisement