Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from Balbriggan to Ballsbridge

Options
  • 03-12-2012 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I am interviewing for a job in Ballsbridge next week and am just wondering does anyone know the best way to get there (i.e.: least modes of transport used). I was going to get train from Balbriggan to Connolly and swap to a DART but I think the carpark in Balbriggan is a bit jammers most of the time.
    Another option I have is to get the bus that goes from Milfield to town and then hop on a DART although I have heard that the company running this may not be licences.

Any help would be great as I really don't fancy driving across town every day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

A lot of the trains in the morning go out to Lansdowne Road - that might be the best bet.

If it is a particular state-owned financial institution in Ballsbridge, they have a walkway directly from the DART platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 versachi

roro2 wrote: »
    A lot of the trains in the morning go out to Lansdowne Road - that might be the best bet.

If it is a particular state-owned financial institution in Ballsbridge, they have a walkway directly from the DART platform.

Aha I hadn't realised they went to Lansdowne. That would be very handy! Any idea how long it takes from Bslbriggan to there?

It's not a job in that state owned financial institution (thankfully)!

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭roro2

Just under an hour I think, but it seems to be just some trains in the morning and maybe one in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

There's the Dublin Bus #33 as well but it would probably take all week to get there…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

The train is the easy part. The harder part is transport to and from the station either side (foot/bus/drive). Once you are happy with the nearest station, simply put in start destination and finish destination ( 2 stations in Ballsbridge area) on Irishrail.ie and all you options are there.
    Hope that helps!

• Advertisement

There's the Dublin Bus #33 as well but it would probably take all week to get there…

I'd say you're right the 33 has to be the longest bus route ever!

Rashers72 wrote: »
    The train is the easy part. The harder part is transport to and from the station either side (foot/bus/drive). Once you are happy with the nearest station, simply put in start destination and finish destination ( 2 stations in Ballsbridge area) on Irishrail.ie and all you options are there.
    Hope that helps!

That is a great help! Thanks so much! I feel more confident that I should be able to make it in now! Job is in Ballsbridge for the first few months and then in Ringsend so shouldn't be too bad. I'll walk to the train I think...not driving anyway as there's no chance I would get a space.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

There's carparking below the station by the river also and free carparking a bit of a walk away across from the church.

If you were working in Ringsend, you could drive to Lusk, get the 33X and get off at the Point, it's only a short walk across eastlink to Ringsend then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

The 101X is a great service and leaves you at Baggot Street. Depending on what area of Balsbridge you are working in, you could either walk from Baggot Street, which would only take about 10 mins or so; or you could get off in Nassau street and get a Dublin Bus to the RDS - there are a couple of routes that go that way.

The 101X runs at 6am, 7am and 8am and takes around 50 mins to get from Balbriggan town centre to Baggot Street. The buses from Nassau Street would take about 15 mins I'd say to Ballsbridge.

Coming home its a great service too - departs at 16.40 and 17.30 from Wilton Terrace

And you can park at the church car park all day for free, and get on and off at that stop.

Equally for Ringsend - the 101X gets stops at the o2 so a walk across the eastlink of about 10-15 mins and you'd be there.

Advertisement