Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone vs O2

Options
  • 03-12-2012 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hey just bought the huawei ascend g300 but to do so needed to move from o2 to vodafone.
    However friends just told me it was a huge mistake as vodafone is not good at all at all.
    He said that vodafones internet isnt good at all.
    For Vodafone you have to pay 25 euro a month for freen texts and for free internet but according to him this is not a good deal as vodafones internet is really small he refuse to eloborate on this !!
    So what im wondering is whats the diference in the internet ?
    If one is smaller what does this mean ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I've only ever heard the opposite. Wife has vodafone and has never had any problems. Great speed and always coverage. Her brother is o2 and is always complaining that once he leaves dublin it goes to pot.

There's always someone who has good and bad experiences with each.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 needhelp12345

Ya true.
    But whats the difference with the internets in vodafone.
    Fpr example theres 150MB ang 500MB is this just speed for downloading and stuffe.
    My friend was saying something about how much the internet can stor and much apps you can have but surley thats memory not internet ?

its your data allowance. When surfing the net you are constantly downloading data to the phone. depending on whether its just viewing webpages or watching videos or downloading apps you are using different amounts of data.

Depending on your plan you get different size allowances. You can get apps that monitor this for you to see how much your using.

Remember that if your connected to a wifi network at the time your data won't be used while connected.

Speed would just be down to whether your in a location that picks up a 3g connection (fastest at the moment) or if not your probably just on the regular network which is slower.

Ok right so if im connected to wifi i dont have to pay for the internet i can just downloads whatever apps i want yes ?
    Also if im connected to the wifi but then leave the house and am no longer connected will the apps that I have on the phone still be there i know you cant use apps such as twitter and facebook once internet conection isnt there but can i still use games ?
    Or will all the apps delte and no longer be kept on the phone ?

Yes once on wifi your data isn't touched. Once you leave the wifi you will still have the apps on the phone, which you can use once they don't need a connection. ie facebook would need the connection so would connect via vodafone where as a game probably wouldn't (some want a connection to show ads which fund the game, not many do this)

• Advertisement

Ok I think I understand just one last question.
    If I have 150MB of data is that for the month the day or what ?
    And i can only use this much data is it ?

That would be per month and if you go over that it will start to eat into your credit.

Advertisement