Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blade storage

Options
  • 03-12-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been pondering making the move to safety razors but have a query regarding what people do with the blades in between shaves.

I usually shave after the gym so need to have a way of transporting the blade without having to put in a new one and dispose of it each time,

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'd just leave it in the razor. The edge isn't particularly exposed, so there shouldn't be any danger. If you're worried, you can wrap the razor in a washcloth or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I leave the blade in the razor and use a Dovo case like the one in the link below when travelling with work
    http://connaughtshaving.com/dovocase.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I leave the blade in the razor, although twice I have nicked a finger whilst handling the razor after shaving.

If you do want to take the blade out, sometimes I'll put it back into the wax paper and put that back into the case. I place it above the piece of cardboard with the blades' branding on it, to remind myself that it's a used blade.

Advertisement